IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Kung Fu!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
39 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Isn't that the game where each enemy kill only gives a single point?  If so, whoever wins is going to win by a very small margin of points, and it'll be the lowest scoring game all year.  Hopefully it's a one-life contest so we don't have to play for half an hour just to see if we're having a good run or not...

The best scores usually go all the way through the game in one life, so even with one life this is likely going to be a 'who beats the game with 3 points more than the other guy' contest. But this will be fun!

Also congrats on the Kung Fu win, beating Michael's score last minute style, this is great!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, guillavoie said:

Also congrats on the Kung Fu win, beating Michael's score last minute style, this is great!

Thanks 🙂  I actually died at the exact same spot that you did in your recorded run, and I was only 12k behind you, so I felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that my point-scumming skills were pretty well maxed out and I had most of the game mastered; the only question was how many magicians I could make it through on any given run, and I finally got past the third one and made it to the fourth magician that one time, and that's all I needed to beat 700k.  If I ever got past him, it would be around 900k before I would have to face him again...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Thanks 🙂  I actually died at the exact same spot that you did in your recorded run, and I was only 12k behind you, so I felt a sense of accomplishment knowing that my point-scumming skills were pretty well maxed out and I had most of the game mastered; the only question was how many magicians I could make it through on any given run, and I finally got past the third one and made it to the fourth magician that one time, and that's all I needed to beat 700k.  If I ever got past him, it would be around 900k before I would have to face him again...

I think I died at the 4th loop Boomerang guy on the video (stupid error of going for the knife guy before the boomerang guy...), but regardless, 750k at the 4th magician is definitely up there in the point scumming elite performance. And in the whole scheme, point pressing a few more 5ks is nothing compared to getting past one more magician, it is the make it or break it point of the game, no question asked here! Again, beautifully done in a week!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Some people claim that there's a share bear to blame. But I know it's my own damn fault.

I have definitely blown out more than one flip flop skate boarding while smoking a blunt, to the green parrot to get wasted.

I have a hate in my heart for Jimmy Buffett as born a conch he commercialized my entire upbringing and lifestyle. But I do love a pirate looks at forty. It makes me homesick.

i don’t know if anyone can relate to this but sometimes I miss getting so wasted I had to crawl into the bushes to pass out and wake up from the heat of the sun and the crowing of chickens….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Mike?!!!! You can blame that on guil!!!! Dang share bear!

Yeah, if only there was some sort of world wide web to connect everyone's computers together so that anybody could look up anything at any time.  And then there could be this really popular site that hosts hundreds of millions of videos of everything under the sun...    Yeah, it's a beautiful dream, but as it is, I guess we have no choice but to rely on sharebears to help us with our strategies.

And speaking of Kung Fu, on one of my runs the damn magician shot a projectile over my head, and it landed behind me and spawned a SECOND FUCKING MAGICIAN, who then began spewing all manner of garbage at me along with the original magician while I was stuck in the middle freaking out.  Needless to say, I was dead within a few seconds, but has this ever happened to anyone else???

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Dr. Morbis oh your one of those you tube watchers. That explains it.

Yeah, as much as I respect guys who say stupid things at the dawn of a competition and then end up dead last by sticking to their guns, I'd rather be as prepared as possibe so that I can actually rank.  Otherwise, why bother putting in the time to begin with?  You know what I mean, ol' tapey.... 😉

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, as much as I respect guys who say stupid things at the dawn of a competition and then end up dead last by sticking to their guns, I'd rather be as prepared as I possibly can be so that I can actually rank.  Otherwise, why bother putting in the time to begin with?  You know what I mean, ol' Tapey.... 😉

did I come in last? Anyone who watched the gameplay footage could see I was the best. Hey hey hey keep watching the cheater videos on you tube. While your at it read some code.

30 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

did I come in last? Anyone who watched the gameplay footage could see I was the best. Hey hey hey keep watching the cheater videos on you tube. While your at it read some code.

Time for the worm to turn....

....into a DRAGON.

• Wow! 1

13 minutes ago, PII said:

It is clear to me that there is something about scoring in this game that I never learned...  Think I had 25,000 after L1R1.

The 12th man yields 5k rule is about all I can think of for round 1 racking. That and the clock goes longer than it seems. You can still rack 12 guys easily even after it starts the panic music around 30 ticks.