IGNORED

Star Wars

VegHead

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, and I just watched the newest trailer that dropped earlier tonight for The Rise of Skywalker.  It looked interesting.  I'm in a weird place where I want to try and give this movie a fair shake, since it's the last one we will be seeing on the big screen for some time.  I am a little disappointed to find out the runtime is going to be over two and a half hours.  My bladder just can't take sitting around for that long anymore.  

I am a big fan of the new Star Wars movies, especially Rogue One (although I HATE SOLO, literally my least favourite Star Wars movie including the prequels). Definitely looking forward to this one now, after the latest trailer. The first two trailers didn't really sell me on it, but I dug this one in a big way, ESPECIALLY seeing Rey and Kylo fighting side by side. That is my most wanted thing to happen in this movie, BTW I really want there to be some alliance between Rey and Kylo, either Darkside, Lightside or neutral, I just want them together! 

I was a fan. Still buy merchandise (like the X-Wing and Legion table top games), but Disney has lost me as a film fan. My daughter will grow up only knowing the original Trilogy. Maybe, when she is older, I will tell her the sad tale of the Prequel and Sequel trilogies...

I walked out of The Last Jedi confused and furious, but I couldn't quite express why exactly. Then the flood of analysis started coming out on Youtube, and I had a target for my hate. Not all of the deconstruction vids were spot on, but taken together, the overbearing noxious presence of bad writing, bad direction, and crushing corporate oversight are inescapable. 

• Like 1

I want to like it. I’ve been disappointed by the new trilogy. The FA was too similar to ANH. However, I understand why they did that. However, TLJ pissed me off. How does Finn revert to a coward? His character development in FA was completely shattered. 

Also, the Reylo thing was good, but I missed seeing Rey really develop as a character. She hardly grew from FA. I think the way they handled Han and Luke were poor and the new characters are uninteresting. For all of their flaws, I think the prequels had better characters and development. Maybe that is to be expected from Disney. That said, I prefer the new ones despite their flaws.

Personally, I want to see some kind of twist, not just Reylo teaming up to defeat Palpatine.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:18 AM, ICrappedMyPants said:

I want to like it. I’ve been disappointed by the new trilogy. The FA was too similar to ANH. However, I understand why they did that. However, TLJ pissed me off. How does Finn revert to a coward? His character development in FA was completely shattered. 

Also, the Reylo thing was good, but I missed seeing Rey really develop as a character. She hardly grew from FA. I think the way they handled Han and Luke were poor and the new characters are uninteresting. For all of their flaws, I think the prequels had better characters and development. Maybe that is to be expected from Disney. That said, I prefer the new ones despite their flaws.

Personally, I want to see some kind of twist, not just Reylo teaming up to defeat Palpatine.

? Finn in last jedi was leaving to find rey so she didnt come back to a trap with that beacon. I thought they made that pretty clear. He states why he is leaving. I dont think he was cowardly in the movie? He was going to sacrifice himself till that miserable rose tico had to basically almost kill them both crashing on the salt planet. If anything Rose was the worst character in that movie. Finn was going to do one of the most brave thing in the film lol. hardly cowardly.

Edited by Quest4Nes

Meh, I get that was how his mind was justifying it, but it wasn’t believable. He looked like a coward, again.

As for the sacrifice, he realized he was a coward and him and Poe screwed things up. So, like TFA, he got courageous at the end.

He’s either a coward, or a pathetic loser attached to Rey, just like TFA. I hate his character!

Edited by ICrappedMyPants

13 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Meh, I get that was how his mind was justifying it, but it wasn’t believable. He looked like a coward, again.

As for the sacrifice, he realized he was a coward and him and Poe screwed things up. So, like TFA, he got courageous at the end.

He’s either a coward, or a pathetic loser attached to Rey, just like TFA. I hate his character!

Its fine you dont like fin, but i think we can agree that rose tico is the worst character in that film. Pretty much every portion of the movie featuring her is sub par or cringy. 

• 1 month later...

I was normal looking forward to seeing this. After this trailer a few days ago, I am definitely more looking forward to it.

Initial reactions to the premier to me feel like if you enjoyed force awakens, you will like this one, and if you were more a last jedi fan then its mixed. Apparently this movie most people are saying is ...."a lot"

Brother has me a ticket for 9 on Thursday night. Only digital standard showing time here on opening night. I cant stand 3D and having to keep adjusting those glasses.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Thanks 1