IGNORED

VGS Steelbook Collections

Matchbook

I love collecting steelbooks! Some of the artwork is really great. The metal makes for some really cool cases.

Here is a thread to show off the steelbooks which bring you joy and add flair to your collections.

These are mine. A little Final Fantasy and Assassins Creed. With a neat Scott Pilgrim one for coolness.

20220320_213227.jpg

20220320_210453.jpg

20220320_210503.jpg

20220320_213035.jpg

20220320_213134.jpg

20220320_213104.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I prefer consistency and steelbooks fly in the face of that, so I tend to avoid them. 

I've had really good luck on ebay with them not being too messed up.  One has a scratch and a typical dent in the FFXII for PS2.  But damn they are fickle things. Sometimes I feel like my eyes are going to dent it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

I prefer consistency and steelbooks fly in the face of that, so I tend to avoid them. 

This is one of the reasons I wish US PS2 cover art followed the European look - I'm always jealous when I see European collector shelves, I love the uniformity of the all the white spines and black text.  

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, VGCollectaholic said:

This is one of the reasons I wish US PS2 cover art followed the European look - I'm always jealous when I see European collector shelves, I love the uniformity of the all the white spines and black text.  

@GlovesI see what youre saying now. It was a royal pain in the ass trying to find protective cases.  They vary too much.

Starting with some oldies on Xbox. These all have slip covers which aren't shown here.

B7AQ8p9.jpg

There weren't many steelbooks or limited edition games released for the Wii, so if you ever see Cursed Mountain in the Wild, definitely snag it. It has a cool alternate cover. The same can be said for FF12, although it was obviously minted in much higher numbers. I love the classy artwork included here.

12Dt7kX.jpg

Apparently Codemasters wanted a piece of the steelbook game, but didn't want to put in any effort as these two just have standard box art. The Naruto art is pretty legit though.

VxK1vgH.jpg

I actually really dig this subdued Halo 4 steelbook. Prey is an annoying, giant steelbook. Lost Planet is kind of unique in that it contains full color art that doesn't quite match the standard box art.

3xatGHi.jpg

Some more nice alternate art on DMC 4, Dishonored, and Gears of War 2.

J78YgN9.jpg

The Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Legendary art are probably my favorite in this group.

GMSmqS6.jpg

Doom Eternal and Borderlands 3 are probably two of my all-time favorite steelbooks.

wmEeHhV.jpg

No Man's Sky is probably the standout here with a nice, subdued look.

lHy15RB.jpg

Two more of my favorites here. FF7 Intergrade and Bloodstained both offer some beautiful alternate art.

Zp0mPrg.jpg

Here are some disappointing games with interesting art. Anthem was so close to being amazing and the flying felt perfect. Cyperpunk actually has a 4th variant, but I don't have it.

K0m39rb.jpg

And here is the Hall of Shame, hidden behind a spoiler tag. These are all the steelbooks that I've not opened. I'm sure you can find the art online and if I ever crack them open, I'll post pictures. Some of them just have clear slip cases, so you get the idea.

Spoiler

4T5hgvI.jpg

vhFBidY.jpg

MP7YLS2.jpg

uf6Z9Uj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1