IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Paperboy 2!

BeaIank

4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

I dont think that was ever a hard and fast rule, just a general courtesy. But that was there from years back where these threads would go 20+ pages weekly. Its thursday afternoon and we are still on page 2. Cluttering up the thread isnt much of a concern at this point

Last year @BeaIank posted in the very first SMB3 week requesting all scores be confined to one post.  Can I get a ruling on this, because I don't want to bother with grabbing a first page "Reserved for Score" post every week if it's actually unnessecary and pointless...

@Jeevan No worries dude.  At least we know, and the thread isn't very long.  Maybe edit your first score post with the final score for @BeaIank's convenience, and just leave the rest of it as is.  Honestly I'm not a huge fan of having to find my OG post every time, but since she can't edit it daily to keep up with it, I feel like it's not an unreasonable request to keep it from being cluttered.

Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, Krunch said:

Damn I missed some Thursday night action anyway I can totally beat @Jeevan's score, I've been getting kind of hung up on getting perfect subscriber runs on easy street but I can stay alive

imagine if I had more time to play lol.  anyway, hope u do, I just wanted one good score.

Events Helper · Posted

oh, NM, @PII popped me 😒  if I had another day maybe I could get 300k, I only had approx 30 hours to fit in some gaming this week.  @NESfiend the key is to make window prices skyrocket on your non subscribers houses 😉  those ones with the gargoyles u can get like an extra 1000 points per house lol.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I have edited out all the false scores with my now 2nd place till @Krunch and @NESfiend beat it 😒

Im leaving town tonight and coming back sunday evening, so Im probably screwed for the week. Saturday no nes access. May get a few runs in tonight when I see my brother for some gaming, but I think hes going to be more interested in playing his new mario golf game for switch as opposed to watching me deliver papers on NES lol

Edit: @mbd39, this is def one of those games where you not only control your character, but every enemy on screen. You can do that by increasing and decreasing bike speed to trigger enemies to shoot, run, etc either too early or too late to get you. 

Edited by NESfiend

3 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I struggle to even break 20k. I'll be doing okay and then an obstacle suddenly pops out in front of me. No time to react. Dead. Also love when it's impossible to turn sharply enough to avoid something.

The key is going slow.  Even when you dont want to go slow and its just a straightaway, do it anyway and give yourself time to breathe during the run.  And you usually want to confront not avoid enemies.  This game is basically the opposite of Marble Madness

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Im leaving town tonight and coming back sunday evening, so Im probably screwed for the week. Saturday no nes access. May get a few runs in tonight when I see my brother for some gaming, but I think hes going to be more interested in playing his new mario golf game for switch as opposed to watching me deliver papers on NES lol

Edit: @mbd39, this is def one of those games where you not only control your character, but every enemy on screen. You can do that by increasing and decreasing bike speed to trigger enemies to shoot, run, etc either too early or too late to get you. 

This is why you always have to have a portable option! 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, PII said:

@0xDEAFC0DE       Where is 0x?  With a Fox?  In a Box?  It's just not the same, why won't he game?  

I've needed a bit of a break due to IRL reasons. I'll definitely be back by Pipe Dream at the very least. I'm not sure how active I'm going to be for games I don't find fun though.