IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Megaman 2!

BeaIank

1 hour ago, BeaIank said:

Imagine being such a sad, weak, frail ego person to decide willingly to not play the amazing shmup that Parodious is because it is on Famicom.
That game is AMAZING!

Isn't there technically a PAL release as well?  So it'd technically be an NES release, just not a North American one...

2 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Then you can use that as a convenient excuse when I beat you in the shooter category for the second year in a row.  We both know you never really had a chance anyway, so I guess it's better this way...  😘

If I start even with you, I’ll take the genre in a landslide. You need the handicap 😁

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Imagine being such a sad, weak, frail ego person to decide willingly to not play the amazing shmup that Parodious is because it is on Famicom.
That game is AMAZING!

1 hour ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Isn't there technically a PAL release as well?  So it'd technically be an NES release, just not a North American one...

Are we playing parodius or parodius da?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Heh, thinking about that one lonely little genre charm you've acquired in all those years of competing helps me fall asleep with a big ol' smile on my face... every - single - night  😛

And here we are with the same amount of tournament championships… you and me are like the same… brother! 💪🏻 We even lost to the same guy, good ole wampson. Did you come in third in the last tournament?!! I came in third too! Twice! 

6 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

And here we are with the same amount of tournament championships… you and me are like the same… brother! 💪🏻 We even lost to the same guy, good ole wampson. Did you come in third in the last tournament?!! I came in third too! Twice! 

A: I was second place, and B:, and most importantly, I "lost" to a guy who failed to make it out of the first round for submitting a late score but was granted amnesty when he cried about it, afterwhich he proceeded to then post an unverifiable time in the Grand Final, a submission that would not have even been valid or accepted for the first week of this season, leaving my submission as the best wholly verifiable time in the competition.   Just saying.... 😛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

A: I was second place, and B:, and most importantly, I "lost" to a guy who failed to make it out of the first round for submitting a late score but was granted amnesty when he cried about it, afterwhich he proceeded to then post an unverifiable time in the Grand Final, a submission that would not have even been valid or accepted for the first week of this season, leaving my submission as the best wholly verifiable time in the competition.   Just saying.... 😛

Well you got me there I never came in second only third. But wampson is the man.

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I haven't seen him yet this year, so maybe it's time for a new era... is this Tapeworm's time to shine....  🤔

Naaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Nope my only chance was the year @Richardhead and @Reed Rothchild ended up in the finals. I got knocked out by palamedes or tetris that year.

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

3rd 5th 3rd are my best finishes.

Not too shabby for a tapeworm; we'll see how long you stick with it this year; last year you fell out for the middle third of the season: start strong, end strong, shit the bed in the middle - that's the way of the tapeworm!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Not too shabby for a tapeworm; we'll see how long you stick with it this year; last year you fell out for the middle third of the season: start strong, end strong, shit the bed in the middle - that's the way of the tapeworm!

I got like 6-8 games in mind to play this year 🙂 

skinnygrinny’s Tuesday critique of your gameplay and awards ceremony

we don’t often get a look at each other’s gameplay. Besides the random gloves showing off his long hair and talking about his computer or the video that surfaces because someone was accused of cheating. So it was nice to be able to share our gameplay styles with each other. @BeaIank maybe it can be a staple of the contest to have a week like this from now on. I enjoyed myself and the videos provided by other ladies even if just a few of us participated.

so I was moved to watch all of y’all’s footage and give out an award to who I enjoyed the most. Hope you like it.

@Dr. Morbis you played through like a soulless bulldozer. Tromping your way through the game using metal blade 95% of the time. Overkill at its finest sparing none cans and just walking through gates with no intent of floating through not even one.

@JamesRobot played with some style and finesse. It wasn’t hard to tell you knew this game like the back of your…..hand. But you barely beat some robot masters even with master weapons and you used items.

@Link had a nice clean run. Not a ton of overkill. Had a real nice shot hitting the eyeballs falling from the latter in the second half of heat man. Had wonderful high floats. Climbed crash man ladders nice. Didn’t abuse time stop. Did use e cans and items. All in all I felt a respect for the game through your footage.

@PII no finesse or etiquette. Pillaged through the game with overkill, e cans and items. No form or technique. No floats. I thought morphius had a sloppy disrespectful run but I felt like you told me “hold my beer”. Exploited every area possible with no remorse. Except for the second of three rabbits at the end of wood man stage. You ran those stairs and jumped the rabbit like a champ with finesse, style and grace. I had to watch it twice because I couldn’t believe what I had seen after watching you just complete abuse the entire game up until that point.

@Glovesplayed like he does…. A computer. Calculated. I have to say I believe gloves has the fastest trigger of us all. You seemed to have no strategy at all and was obviously green. You used crash man on quick man for goodness sake. I was laughing to tears during your crash man run where you played with item two for what seemed like 20 minutes. Then again at the gate you played with enemies instead of just proceeding. It was a great laugh for me. You shows some nice touch at the beginning of heat man stage and I love how you left wood man’s leads spinning. 

@nesmaster14 you watched the entire intro. You had a stop and smell the roses approach, which was nice. That lil spring on heat man gave you hell but you were the only one who ran the floating blocks and you did it like a champ! And slid under the jumping mech right after. Very impressive. I also like how you made mega man disappear in areas lol. But your run was to slow! You spent 5 minutes in the weapons menu and you died a lot. Get good!

so with that said and no further a do…. The tapeworm award goes to….: link.

i have to admit I was a little bias heading into the process thinking robot would win and knowing morphius wouldn’t get it no matter what. Well while I wasn’t going to acknowledge morphius for any reason I still couldn’t give it to robot. Even with the moonwalk a nice finesse shot on the snake early in flash man stage. Some nice in air turns during quick man stage. He barely escaped some masters and the run lacked etiquette and good form the more I watched.

congrats link. Nice run and it was a pleasure e to watch.

good job everybody. That was fun.

C4929909-9F63-46F8-AFC0-7D9A0C11FED2.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4