IGNORED

Kid stuff

docile tapeworm

BTW, if you want to see how things have changed, go find your old playground(s) on Google Maps and find out which equipment they've removed for safety.

Mine used to have a tire climb like this. Ours was taller (I think it was five tires high.) It's gone now.

b79a139d5fa036393eeccd58a06b9bf7.jpg

Edited by Tulpa
  • Agree 1

And it's not exactly above board power depending, and they know it, but will still throw their will around and try fines and other garbage even it's beyond their reach.  HOA typically run by Horrible Obsessive Assholes. 🙂

Your grass is longer than 2"?  Fine
You flew the american flag? Fine
You left a car on your driveway overnight but have a garage?  Fine
You left up Christmas lights 1 day after Christmas?  Fine

etc... the amount of stupidity and vengeful rules are sickening in a lot of places and they'll enjoy lording over power over those not on the board of friends of it because those fun fines can pay for personal pet projects and other dumb stuff.

27 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

etc... the amount of stupidity and vengeful rules are sickening in a lot of places and they'll enjoy lording over power over those not on the board of friends of it because those fun fines can pay for personal pet projects and other dumb stuff.

1000%. It's basically the mafia. If you are not on "good terms" with the board members, they will make your life miserable.

We've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff. This is the first time we have ever only put up 2 XMAS lights strands outside and I was lazy and didn't bother taking them down. They were not lit up every night, just simply there. The president of the board, whatever sees us all the time, tries to talk to us all the time they see us as they don't have anything better to do and never once told us to remove the lights. We got a letter in the mail from the HOA lawyer stating we needed to send an email as soon as possible or else we will be fined $2.5k and this was our final notice. We never received any other notices. After I read the letter, I took down the two strands of lights and emailed them. They responded the next day and asked me for pictures as proof. I refuse to comply with that as the original letter only stated I needed to email them to let them know the XMAS lights were removed and I emailed them with the violation number, "The two Christmas light strands have been removed." Bunch of jerks.

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@Mega Tank I went with angry but I was so tempted to use eyeroll on that.  Mafia tactics is quite right.  I like seeing when they get sued and destroyed online, a good one while not visual is rSlash on youtube who verbalizes reddit crap as I've seen some epic HOA takedowns.

HOAs can be good, but unfortunately if they are bad, there's very little to be done against them. You need 51% majority to pass anything and when people don't care/participate because it won't affect them specifically, a lot of stuff gets pushed through or doesn't get rejected. It's very unfortunate.

We technically have one, it's only a little ($25~) a month for general maintenance and all that of the lights, streets, and hedge stuff out front in various exits.  There was this one a-hole across the street who liked to troll the rules over petty shit like flat to the ground tree stumps, he would go around and look for issues in his car and then behind the back whine about it being on the board at the meetings to get warnings and fines sent doing petty harassment.  I know it's cruel saying it, but the best thing ever to happen was watching the result (he's kind of across the street from me) have a big stroke and heart problem, now he's slowly recovering but needs general help with a few things still and had been using a walker now just on a cane.  He stopped going about trolling the neighbors.  We had a tree die that we felled well flat to the ground, wanted to use it as a platform for a garden and he wouldn't have it, now we have a big dent in the yard as the half dead thing was 60+ years old.

Yea, we used to have a bunch of trees around the community in which we would make tree houses as best we could, basically just some planks to sit on and hang out in a tree, but this new president has ordered to cut down basically all trees in open shared spaces and at the home owners request, the ones in front of their homes. It's a shame and posting here makes me dislike them more and more. I literally just shoveled their cat's turd that was next to my car in the grass and flung it in the middle of the street. They have several cats they just feed and they run around the community. It's disgusting what certain people in power get away with.

Huh you know you're doing it wrong.  Since they took responsibility for feeding the cat, it's also responsibility for what leaves the cat.  Don't let people track that on their cars into their garage, they didn't shit in your yard... if you're throwing, lob it into their driveway and grass, front door, discretely so you're not caught.  Hell if you are, fine, go to the board meeting with recordings of them feeding the turd bakers and creating the issue in the first place with strays. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Huh you know you're doing it wrong.  Since they took responsibility for feeding the cat, it's also responsibility for what leaves the cat.  Don't let people track that on their cars into their garage, they didn't shit in your yard... if you're throwing, lob it into their driveway and grass, front door, discretely so you're not caught.  Hell if you are, fine, go to the board meeting with recordings of them feeding the turd bakers and creating the issue in the first place with strays. 🙂

Eh. I don't want to talk about it anymore. It's just brewing and bothering me the more I think about the nonsense that goes on. To think that this used to once be a community where every house was perfectly maintained, all houses were held to a certain standard and fines were issued in a timely manner and not being selectively enforced.

Edited by Mega Tank