IGNORED

Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

AverageOliver98

• 2 weeks later...

Theres this really cool launch window CD for the Super Famicom, the first 8 tracka are remastered with real instruments and a little flair, but the rest are straight up recordings of the sampled SNES music from F-Zero, Pilotwings, Sim City, Super Mario World, and Zelda Link to the Past.

Don't bother buying it, unless you know of a non-ebay vendor because those scum trolls (I've watched this CD for nearly a year) ask no less than $120 on it shipped, and all this time not one copy has sold and none are being put up honest without a ridiculous BIN.  Disgusting flaw of ebay not charging listing fees anymore and utterly epic levels of stubborn greed. 😞

This Youtube has each track done, time stamp marked in the description too if you wish to jump about.  Enjoy, it's how I did, until I found a way to MP3 the thing for my phone. F them! 😄

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What with Pokemon Violet being what it is, I'm just going to post this and remind the entire internet that Pokemon Shield was always good, and it was only the internet squad who was ever mad about it. I seriously can't wait for this stupid open world fad to go away. I've never seen Nintendo so desperately chase a fad before in an attempt to innovate on franchises that didn't need fixing.

11 hours ago, PekoponTAS said:

What with Pokemon Violet being what it is, I'm just going to post this and remind the entire internet that Pokemon Shield was always good, and it was only the internet squad who was ever mad about it. I seriously can't wait for this stupid open world fad to go away. I've never seen Nintendo so desperately chase a fad before in an attempt to innovate on franchises that didn't need fixing.

I agree with you about Sword/Shield being good. I think people let their expectations ruin a fine experience. I played through the whole thing and both DLCs and enjoyed it. Only until after reading the dreaded internet comments did I notice some things that could have been better, but it didn't take anything away from the overall game for me. Although I really do think the games should have VO at this point. And yes, the gym battle themes are one of the best parts.

5 hours ago, Aguy said:

I agree with you about Sword/Shield being good. I think people let their expectations ruin a fine experience. I played through the whole thing and both DLCs and enjoyed it. Only until after reading the dreaded internet comments did I notice some things that could have been better, but it didn't take anything away from the overall game for me. Although I really do think the games should have VO at this point. And yes, the gym battle themes are one of the best parts.

I'm happy to see a positive response to this. I have to admit I wrote that in a pretty bitter state of mind, and it may have come across as more angry than I meant it to. Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated about the last few generations of Pokemon, and the popular opinion of them.

There are some franchises where the formula has gotten stale for me, so I've just stopped buying them and have moved on to other things. Other franchises I still enjoy, and would prefer they stay the same forever. I feel like some fans really pressure a series to change just because they're bored with it, and don't care about the millions of people who love it the way it is. Pokemon Shield did everything it could to appeal to what I want out of the series, so it's always been a huge bummer how poorly it was received by people online.

As for voice acting, I feel like it should just have lots of vocal noises like the 3D Zelda games used to do. If Pokemon is a series that continues to make baby steps in advancing what it does, I feel like that's a good first step before going into full voice acting.

Since this is a music thread though, here's more music. 🙂

Edited by PekoponTAS
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this awhile back, and it gave me strong nostalgic chills. Back in the 90s, I didn’t appreciate the music as much as the graphics/gameplay. Now I can really appreciate the music in gaming and the atmosphere they help to build. Particularly with the specific SF2 tunes, I can almost instantly tell what stage the music is derived from. Even after not playing it for over 5 years!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you love Actraiser, you're doing a disservice not checking out this fairly recent 2 CD set, I imported it from France of all places to track it down last year from the maker (Wayo Records.)

There are three ways this one works.
- SPC SNES tracks
- Full symphony remasters and quality bump stuff (think of like the Beatles LOVE album that perked up things)
- PC88 tracks most probably don't realize even existed and they're nice.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...