IGNORED

Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

AverageOliver98

1 hour ago, CMR said:

Another of my all time favorite tracks.  (The audio compression is really noticeable in this one compared to the CD).

Are you aware of  Parts 1 and 3 of 'The Justice Ray' as well?

I don't know if it was Hyakutaro Tsukumo's(Technosoft's Head/Only(?) composer post-1992) intention to have all three songs combined into one medley, but based on someone's arrangement, they do sound like they fit together.

A little bit skeptical if 'Wirbelwind's Theme' should even be considered Part 4.

Still a great track regardless. Not sure why its used for the first boss though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the Wii U's best kept secrets is that Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games had some pretty fantastic Mario and Sonic remixes in it. It's well worth your time to look up a playlist and listen to them. In the playlist I was looking at, they're listed and numbered towards the middle of the playlist as "Mario Tracks", and the "Sonic Tracks" are toward the bottom of the playlist.

My favourite one is actually the straight up Mario theme, as it's one of the EXTREMELY few modern versions that retains the entire song. For some infuriating reason Nintendo really loves to cut out the last bit, but Sega of all people FINALLY put it back in, and even added an extra segment that probably always should have been there.

It's a fantastic version, so please give it a listen!

You can tell how few people know about these remixes based on the number of views they have, anywhere from 1000-4000 depending on the song.

Edited by Lynda Monica
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thunder Force V turned 25 today... or yesterday, depending where you live.

Fun fact: a 'Prologue' song was made for the Saturn version of the game (different from the PSX release), but was never implemented. Luckily, it was included on the official CD soundtrack (with the narration included.. yay).

12 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

Full version of 'Vindicate Me' (its an awesome tune)

Big Giant Circles is fire!

Danimal Cannon is another chiptune artist I'm a big fan of whose work also happens to be heavily featured in JSAB. I love his twist of dropping a total heavy metal guitar solo right up in there.

And the full version complete with the guitar solo.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Belated/Early 30th Birthday to two of the finest OSTs produced for the Sega Mega Drive (they're also pretty amazing shmups, both available on Nintendo Switch) 

GL Favorites: Story 1, Stage 1, Stage 2, Story 4 + Stage 10, Boss Theme 1
TFIV Favorites: Sand Hell, Great Sea Power, Metal Squad, Stand Up Against Myself, Omake 2

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...