IGNORED

Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

AverageOliver98

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Secret of Mana has an insanely unique style of music as well, really worked the SPC chip over in the SNES on that one.

Someone a while ago mentioned the Water World soundtrack on the SNES. To this day I’ve never played the game but it is an OST I come back too a lot.  The whole thing is pretty good.

• Agree 1

Here's another, lesser known RPG tune.  Albert Odyssey has a great OST, but the Prelude is quite amazing.  I fell in love with this OST well before I looked up the composer.  Turns out my love for the NES Batman OST had stretched all they way over to the Saturn.  This too is by Naoki Kodaka.

• Like 1

This is another one I'm sure I've discussed before, but Grant Kirkhope composed the Goldeneye 007 OST for the N64.  Often times online you'll find videos or articles posting the Goldeneye OST and saying that it's an uncompressed version, but it's not.  Grant, on his website offers some of his music and it least in regards to Goldeneye, these are the original composed masters that he used for managerial review.  These MIDI tracks were then integrated into the N64.  So no, this isn't "uncompressed" Goldeneye.  It's more like Goldeneye simply played on proper hardware.

You can listen to it hear, or if you want a single-play option, just listen to the YouTube link (which is not Grant's channel.)

https://www.grantkirkhope.com/goldeneye-007/

• 3 weeks later...

Simple but one that always fills my heart with nostalgia-fueled emotion is this ending theme from Super Mario Bros 3

Another one is Dave's Theme from Maniac Mansion:

I think everyone loves this one but this Mega Man X Storm Eagle theme is legit AF:

And probably my favorite, the Nights into  Dreams OST. Here's a few that I particularly enjoy:

• Like 2