IGNORED

Garage Sale Gameboy Haul!!

Had an awesome score yesterday!  Our community was doing a community wide garage sale.  Went around the neighborhood and snagged a PS4 controller and did not find much else gaming wise that I wanted for the collection.  Went back home and stopped by the neighbors house to check out what they had and lo and behold they had a bunch of boxed Gameboy games and 2 systems, just sitting there on their little for sale table. It was about 10:30 by then so they must have been sitting there for 2 and 1/2 hours which is crazy. Picked them up for $50, super stoked to have a few games I was missing and some condition upgrades!  Been about 2 years since I’ve found anything like this in the wild so it awesome to see that stuff like this is still out there!

437EA3DC-3376-49F9-8A5C-378F98BF4DA2.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 4

On 3/6/2022 at 6:02 AM, Penguin said:

Had an awesome score yesterday!  Our community was doing a community wide garage sale.  Went around the neighborhood and snagged a PS4 controller and did not find much else gaming wise that I wanted for the collection.  Went back home and stopped by the neighbors house to check out what they had and lo and behold they had a bunch of boxed Gameboy games and 2 systems, just sitting there on their little for sale table. It was about 10:30 by then so they must have been sitting there for 2 and 1/2 hours which is crazy. Picked them up for $50, super stoked to have a few games I was missing and some condition upgrades!  Been about 2 years since I’ve found anything like this in the wild so it awesome to see that stuff like this is still out there!

437EA3DC-3376-49F9-8A5C-378F98BF4DA2.jpeg

So awesome that finds like this still happen. It gives me hope that I haven't had since 2015!

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The most impressive thing there is the not often as much seen play it loud system entirely intact with the hard to come by plastic case it shipped in.  Nintendo didn't do those for long, same with the Pocket when it arrived too.

Yeah it’s in beautiful shape too, reg card in still attached as well!

367212AC-6A29-4EE2-8D63-9A4BBD1D145F.jpeg

• Like 2

Very nice, you spotted some quality there and a great deal.  They I think only bothered with those plastic cases maybe a year as they're just not cheap like cardboard.  It was that little window when the Pocket popped up but they also wanted to prop up the older original with new colors.  Same style snap case and warranty style card glued on there with the write in date box.  That's a nice shelf piece (which is what I did with the pocket I have in plastic.)