IGNORED

Brand new never used NES Control Deck.

Armageddon Potato

4 minutes ago, B.A. said:

If a box has clearly been opened in the past how can one just assume all of the contents inside are new?  You have to open it to verify.  It is the contents that are important.  

Considering it's age and the fact that it lived in an attic for 35 years, opening that flap will definitely cause noticeable damage.  The printed color will crack and flake.  Again, unless the original owner opened it for photos, even though it was old and toasty, the edges of the box were probably in nice condition.  Not any more.

@Armageddon Potato I'm not dragging you down, but I am pointing out these details.  What's done is done, but this is still a nice item.

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted

As a kid, i never paid attention, but is there really a way to make sure it wasn't played, as in are the poly bags sealed?  I don't think they are, but regardless, cool find.  I would say whether or not it was opened is a moot point because it was never sealed.  Whether or not it is a nice piece, well heck yes it is. 

If the box were in better shape, obviously it would be worth a nice mint, but since it isn't, i really don't know that it would fetch more than a cib of a NES.  Just my two cents!

I think the only way to say that something has never been opened or played or whatever to the general public, and not from the factory, that is not originally sealed is to find it at a closed store and get some NOS.  That would be the only way i would think that would be "possible"

2 hours ago, RH said:

Considering it's age and the fact that it lived in an attic for 35 years, opening that flap will definitely cause noticeable damage.  The printed color will crack and flake.  Again, unless the original owner opened it for photos, even though it was old and toasty, the edges of the box were probably in nice condition.  Not any more.

@Armageddon Potato I'm not dragging you down, but I am pointing out these details.  What's done is done, but this is still a nice item.

If the pictures are in order, the flaps already had evidence that they were opened.  Assuming that is the case, there would be zero reason not to check the contents regardless of an old lady's story.  

Edited by B.A.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I have no clue who he is, so was unaware. T_T

Mark (Marc?) Balelo from storage wars. And I know there was no offense meant, BTW just figured it was pertinent. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/storage-wars-mark-balelo-commits-420768/amp/

Edited by MrWunderful

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Cool! I think it's tough to price since there are so many millions of them available at any one time, but there's probably someone out there looking for all those perfectly preserved baggies and ties.

I want baggies and ties for SNES 😢  

• Haha 1