IGNORED

Exciting Movie Trailers (and others)

Mega Tank

Just a simple thread to share some of our most liked trailers in movies, tv shows and games. The ones that we watch multiple times over. Doesn't matter if the movie, show, or game was actually good, but the trailer was just something you have to watch several times. If the actual movie, tv show or game was good, let us know! 🙂

Movie:  Nope (2022)

I'm not sure why, but I'm hooked on the movie trailer for the upcoming movie Nope by Jordan Peele. I have probably seen this trailer 10+ times. This trailer doesn't say much, but it's got me excited to see this movie. This reminds for some reason Strange Encounters of the Third Kind and Signs. "What's a bad miracle? They got a word for that?" Eesh.

TV Show:  Stranger Things Season 2 (2017)

I don't think I've seen such a well put together trailer for a TV show. I don't recall watching a lot of TV show trailers before streaming services popped up, but here we are. The music with the action on going on screen and how it all builds to the end of the trailer is just fantastic. Even with 11 at the end of the trailer was neat. Definitely worth watching if you enjoyed Season 1.

Game:  Dying Light (2015)

I can't believe this game was released in 2015 and this trailer is still a solid watch for a great game. Probably the last game I finished from start to finish without much time between gameplay. The trailer accurately represents the game. A fast paced zombie survival game, with all the goodies of parkour mixed in, weapon crafting and periodic drops for goodies which you had to get to quickly and risk fighting for. Oh, also, Good Night Good Luck is such a great tag line for this game. Nighttime is much, much harder to survive in and a lot of higher level zombies come out. I 100% recommend this game if you like the zombie scene.

So what are some of your most likely trailers? Post them up and let us know!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for Independence Day!

Ok, now, we all KNOW this movie sucks, and it's hard to watch this trailer without knowing this films ill-fated future and one could argue the signs were their from the beginning with Jake Lloyd's poor acting already present and Jar Jar being, well, Jar Jar BUT we were all starved for new Start Wars back in 1998 when this dropped.  I can't recall which film I saw this before, but I remember a friend telling me which one is was before, at which theater and I went and saw the movie, just to see this trailer.  I was trembling after I watch it.  I still think it holds up well, especially when the title theme kicks in and, of course, when you hear Samuel Jackson.  Ugh, this really is a good trailer.  And Darth Maul!  Hand's down, the best part of the original prequel.

Then there was Jurassic Park.  It was a great film, but the trailer really, REALLY sold it.  There is a longer one, and some with better quality but most have screwed up audio to prevent copyright strikes.  I hate that Youtubers have to do that.

Last, this isn't a trailer but more of a tech demo.  Nevertheless, this grainy, poor video got me puuuuuumped for the N64 and is 100% the reason why I scratched up years of Christmas and Birthday money together.  It hurt so bad that we never got a Final Fantasy game on the N64.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, Mega Tank said:

Game:  Dying Light (2015)

I can't believe this game was released in 2015 and this trailer is still a solid watch for a great game. Probably the last game I finished from start to finish without much time between gameplay. The trailer accurately represents the game. A fast paced zombie survival game, with all the goodies of parkour mixed in, weapon crafting and periodic drops for goodies which you had to get to quickly and risk fighting for. Oh, also, Good Night Good Luck is such a great tag line for this game. Nighttime is much, much harder to survive in and a lot of higher level zombies come out. I 100% recommend this game if you like the zombie scene.

Great trailer, but it's hilarious how far apart we are on the quality of this game, as it's one of the only games that I've ever been given by someone that I gave immediately back and told the gifter to get themselves a refund.  🤣  They agreed, as they bought it based on word of mouth from a friend, watched me play through it as far as I did, then packed up both copies and returned them to GameStop before the used game return period was closed.

Dead Island is another example of this.  Great trailer, tons of promise, absolutely horseshit game once I (and friends) got into it.

On 3/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Great trailer, but it's hilarious how far apart we are on the quality of this game, as it's one of the only games that I've ever been given by someone that I gave immediately back and told the gifter to get themselves a refund.  🤣  They agreed, as they bought it based on word of mouth from a friend, watched me play through it as far as I did, then packed up both copies and returned them to GameStop before the used game return period was closed.

Dead Island is another example of this.  Great trailer, tons of promise, absolutely horseshit game once I (and friends) got into it.

Really? Wow. The one thing that threw me off on the game was the voice acting a bit, but I just accepted it for what it was. Once I got over that I just dove into the story and the game was over before I knew it.

Not surprising you didn't like Dead Island as it was made by the same people lol

The only game I have ever returned was SOCOM for the PS2. Eesh. 

17 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Really? Wow. The one thing that threw me off on the game was the voice acting a bit, but I just accepted it for what it was. Once I got over that I just dove into the story and the game was over before I knew it.

Not surprising you didn't like Dead Island as it was made by the same people lol

The only game I have ever returned was SOCOM for the PS2. Eesh. 

I really wanted to like the game, but there just so many totally stupid things going on in the game (like, IIRC, the main character continually letting people at a distance, armed with melee weapons, rush and take him out, without firing a shot--all within "plot" cutscenes), then my total hatred for the "everything has to be PARKOUR!! mechanic, followed by how things went from "zombie infection" by day to "stupid beyond Resident Evil monster craziness" by night.  I was just done when night fell and the street I was on went from being totally empty to being absolutely full of totally unstoppable monsters, where I was dead before I could take the three more steps it would take to get back to the safe zone.  The game was sold as open world, when, in reality, it was parkour on rails, which is just a straight up "no" from me.  Unless it's an arcade light gun game, I basically skip all games which are on rails, and will speak out with additional vitriol toward games which present themselves as one thing but actually end up as an "on-rails-[whatever]" game.

Had no idea that Dead Island was by the same creators, but I guess that makes a good deal of sense.  I really wanted to like Dead Island, but the creators' efforts to lock you in and limit your resources (while making it seem like it would be the opposite given all the crafting stuff that's supposed to be available, but apparently isn't, at least on first playthrough) and then ramping up the difficulty ridiculously suddenly and without warning  just did it in for me and my friends.  We had fun in the initial areas together, but quickly got sick of how limiting the area was, then were more or less immediately overwhelmed by the time we unlocked the second or third area (can't remember tons about it, but I recall we paid a heavy cost to defeat some boss-like zombie in a sewer, and then everything on the surface was like 10x more difficult and yet we didn't have any additional resources and had depleted most of what we had to beat the boss).

7 Days to Die has been the closest I've come to finding a reasonably balanced zombie game where the world plays and acts more or less like it does in most good zombie movies.  Sadly, as often as it goes on deep discount sale (around $6-8 per copy), I've never had anyone beyond my brother and a mutual friend actually sit down and play.