IGNORED

You ever wanted to buy a game just because of the cover?

RH

A lot of the stories I'm seeing here are us as children getting duped by buying a lousy game due to an awesome cover. I'll mix it up a bit.

In this day and age, Ive definitely bought some games just due to the artwork alone. If the price is right and it looks quite appealing, I might just grab it, even if Ive no intentions on playing it.

800px-FatalRewind_MD_US_Box.jpg.f164fe58fbcf4314c950cca238932247.jpg

When I was, like, 7, my parents brought me to Target for my birthday to get a new game and I picked this out. Something about it just seemed cool to me. I got home and I could not for the life of me get past the first level. I was so upset and I begged my parents to exchange it for a different game. We went back, Target actually let me exchange for a different game! I don't remember what game I ended up picking out though... 

• 3 weeks later...

this.

the manliest cover art the NES has ever seen. No idea why people give this so much bad rap really, i think it's amazing, and i've always thought it's amazing.

the box art alone is the reason i picked this from the shelf at the store when i was a little kiddo. A decision i do not regret one bit.

2362193-nes_shatterhand.thumb.jpg.b2bf09178bb8ba72db0a0e827c85028b.jpg