IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Thanks dood!

I was really trying to get the sanrio animal crossing amiibo cards this morning but my closest target told me they didnt get their stock in time for release.. tried to go up there and find out why my order got cancelled at 9:47.. too late to try the stores on the other side of town 😕

Got these two instead:

spacer.png

• Like 3

7 hours ago, drxandy said:

Hey, so trying to navigate this thread with this many pictures per post is really annoying.. sorry y'all I just get so excited over stupid stuff. Gonna try something different and split up posts to a couple pictures per to maybe get this back on track and a little more viewable.

Here goes the week!

spacer.png

Tick tick tick, thought the kb toys display sticker was neat and kept it intact with the reminant of price tag (rip kb)

spacer.png

Thrift toys up top, $2 wii u stuff, and some ps3

spacer.png

Mynintendo mario zipper pouch, $2 360 minty controller I wanted to mod but it's in too nice of shape, couple beautiful clear ps1 memory cards, gb 4in1 as well as heiankyo alien and a cheapo nintendo s video cable.

spacer.png

Mandy snagged these from the local, minus hades from best buy. Cool to see katanakami, not many imports for sale round these parts.

Continuing on to the next post:

My game choices as very obvious compared to yours in these post hahha. 🙃🙃🙃

• Love 1

Happy first week of April! Here's the gets!

spacer.png

Xbox stufff, I never thought I would buy those burger king games again but here we are. Deal on em off ebay, $6 shipped for the 3 sealed. 

spacer.png

Local stuff, thought the combo dvd batman was pretty cool, happy to finally pick up a copy of odin sphere for ps2 as well.

Onto some thrift finds, always love finding nintendo character plush. This time it's yoshi!

spacer.png

On the bigger side, n64 tape for scale.

More thrift stuff

spacer.png

Mario kart I had found in a previous thrift trip but had a copy of animal crossing inside. Found a kart disc inside imagine fashion (balance board support oooooo) to cobble together a complete copy. Disc needs to be zapped but can't complain. Super happy with the ps3 ico/shadow bundle too for $5

Continuing in next post..

• Like 4

Out thrifting I ran across a couple bags of tokens, most were like car park but there were some really cool arcade ones:

spacer.png

Caeserland (rip) and various years of chuck e cheese

spacer.png

Namco pile, was hoping to snag some from one of my favorites as a kid - aladdin's castle in the flint area.

Onward

Here's some odds and ends, been having good luck with ps3 stuff on the cheap, $3 for kingdom hearts 1.5

spacer.png

Back on the 360, nice deals on some nice games.. been holding off on the dragon ages forever but plan on pickin up the rest

spacer.png

To finish off the week;  some obscure xbox stuff.

spacer.png

Sealed kiosk disc 2.1 and very rare tecmo demo disc that is speculated as a kiosk disc (would love more info)

Thanks for peekin', see ya next weeeeek.

• Like 4

Here goes this week! First up, 360.

spacer.png

Local place has great prices usually all around but 360 and ps3 are at a real low lately. Mass effect trilogy for under 6, dark souls 2 for 4$, dante's and dragons dogma were 7$ a pop.

spacer.png

rELbEKn.jpg

spacer.png

Lot of $1 games in there, but everything was so cheap. Time to buy 360/ps3 commons is now!! Kinda glad I missed this gen because it really has been a bargain for me to collect and I love it.

Continued in next post...

• Like 2

spacer.png

Yay metal slug 4+5, really nice shape!

spacer.png

Other xbox stuff, picked up another copy of fable with the bonus dvd included.

spacer.png

Snagged this hat from eBay, nice leathery strap on the back.. haven't seen this style listed before, I am digging it!

Finishing the week, mandy snagged the monster hunter rise pro controller and disgaea 1 complete for the switch and I grabbed the PlayStation stuffff.. never seen blockids before and turns out it was a 96jpn game released in the states in 03, puzzle/breakout clone.

spacer.png

Have a great week everyone, thanks for looking!!

• Like 5

Got a bunch of stuff this week so I'm goin a lil early - starting and finishing with gamecube.. here goes!

spacer.png

Nice black label sonic adventure 2, snagged it at the local for $30, I swear the price of this one has hovered around the 20-30$ mark forever but looks like it's up a bit online

On to some odds and ends, took a trip to the flea market for the first time in forever

spacer.png

Found cruisin velocity, ultimate basketball and the dragon quest swords game there, was nice to check out the place since I hadn't been in a year +. It was pretty slow when I went and everyone was wearing their masks properly too, which was a nice surprise.

Back to the local for some ps3 & wii cheapies

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mandy picked up the monster hunter big boi amiibo and the poison control collectors edition for the switch.

Continued in next post >>>

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

Continued from ^^

Onto 360, kept slipping on this one when i would see it locally because I'm terrible and couldn't remember if I already had it.. snagged it in super nice shape from eBay. 

spacer.png

Back locally, more stuff that looks cool on the cheap

spacer.png

Back to ebay: sealed copy of samurai showdown sen, and blockbuster display art copy of ninja garden ii

spacer.png

Thrift store stuff: $1 snes power block, $2 gross lookin 360 slim controller (yay a project), .60c pokemon y x guide 

spacer.png

I'm waiting on some original xbox games in the mail but started picking up a few more guides I didn't have.

Continued in next post >>

• Like 2

Continued from ^^

spacer.png

spacer.png

On from there, picked up a behar bros kenzei signal converter to go along with my older hanzo dreamcast vga box without scart. It converts a vga's rgbhv signal to rgbs.

spacer.png

Details on the kenzei: 

https://www.beharbros.com/kenzei

It can be used with an hdmi upscaler like the xrgb frame meister or ossc to look good on some fancy modern screen or an rgb modded/compatable crt via scart or component. Might get an ossc down the line but I am honestly thinking of using it in the meantime to see how the dc looks with component video output on my toshiba af crt.. kinda just to play around.. I already have vga monitors it's just nice to have options.

Anyway finishing the week with a rather hard to find jpn gamecube title, eisei meijen vi

spacer.png

Yeah, it's a shogi game. It was also released on ps2 in japan but I feel like the gamecube version had a lower print (complete guess but I mean the ps2 was pretty popular). The seller tossed in some origami shuriken stars and cute sticker which I love (those are staying in the case haha)

Have a great week everyone! Stay safe out thurrrr.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

Lots of xbox this week, after this post I've made it over 600 xbox games (602?) !

Starting off with jpn gcn:

spacer.png

#2 in the hudson collection, and my first dip of the 4 releases. Held off on these for a long time but I'm nearing the end of jpn exclusives so I figured why not. Price for these hasn't changed much compared to common jpn cube stuff lately.

spacer.png

Random cheapies, phantasy star at market value from eBay.

Here comes some xbox

spacer.png

Blockbuster variant cover for gta3, ms company purchase amped for $2 then I ruined the ms sticker by cleaning it hahaha.. nbd to me and those aren't that hard to find anyways just interesting. Various games off the list. Snagged the 3rd party (intec) controller and extension from the thrift for $4 together.

spacer.png

Got a lot of kids games from the ebay, glad to get nightmare before christmas finally.

Continued in next post>>>

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

Continued from ^^^

spacer.png

Couple guides, big yay on panzer dragoon cheap from eBay!

spacer.png

Started the year with the goal of maybe picking up a fatal frame or otogi and now have both ff's and the first otogi game, goals getting smushed is a nice feeling. Really happy with the condition of this copy!

I went a little kiosk demo cray and added 5 discs.

spacer.png

2.5, 3.0, 3.3, 3.4 are opened and 4.1 sealed

Finally for the week, added another sealed s controller but blue this time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bend in the back but in pretty spiffy shape, not complaining at all for the price I paid. Now to get the green one and a duke! Eventually. Hahah. 

Thanks for peekin' see ya next weeeeek!

• Like 5

Happy last week of April, jumping into it with some trash ds games!

spacer.png

Can't say no for a buck each, the cases are in great shape.

Mandy's picks of the week (minus tiger):

spacer.png

Good price on the castlevania, she snagged etrian Untold #1 since I had number 2. Tiger woods is sealed and I couldn't leave it for $2

Snagged another dsi at the thrift!

spacer.png

$25 for the bundle, cleaned up works great, stoked to add another color so I can display them like so:

spacer.png

I found that snes cart protectors fit a dsi almost perfectly (fits a lite as well, little snug), used the cricut to make little decals and they look great!

Snagged a great 23pc fix em up controller lot, still working on it but these are the ones that work great so far after cleaning and fixing:

spacer.png

Continued>>>

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 4

Continued from ^^^

spacer.png

One piece from eBay for $13 shipped wooo, the classic and yoga from the thrift for $5 together.

Xbox time.

spacer.png

Big box karaoke rev party, inside is nice with bag and twist ties on the mic

spacer.png

Knocked out midnight club 3 and remix, really happy to find the bonus dvd bundle, also same deal with sonic riders. Punisher for $11 and minty, very happy with that one.

spacer.png

Couple more ticks off the list, and snuck the jampack in there. Found another dvd remote for $2 with the battery back, yay.

Finishing off the week, couple guides and variant artwork

spacer.png

Have a great week everyone!!

• Like 6

On 4/30/2021 at 8:58 AM, drxandy said:

spacer.png

Knocked out midnight club 3 and remix, really happy to find the bonus dvd bundle, also same deal with sonic riders. Punisher for $11 and minty, very happy with that one.

Cool, you found a copy of Sonic Riders with the Sonic X DVD. Been trying to find a copy of the GameCube version with the DVD for a couple years now.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

Cool, you found a copy of Sonic Riders with the Sonic X DVD. Been trying to find a copy of the GameCube version with the DVD for a couple years now.

I've been looking casually for it for a lil while, but ironically had been looking for it online just recently and saw the art a couple times but couldn't find a copy that actually had the bonus dvd with it . Stop into the local gamestore and voila, luck was on my side.

Is the gamecube version a mini dvd or fullsize?

30 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I've been looking casually for it for a lil while, but ironically had been looking for it online just recently and saw the art a couple times but couldn't find a copy that actually had the bonus dvd with it . Stop into the local gamestore and voila, luck was on my side.

Is the gamecube version a mini dvd or fullsize?

Full-size, I believe. According to these Reddit posts, the DVD was included in a separate plastic sleeve:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gamecube/comments/m2wdkl/sonic_riders_bonus_dvd/

• Like 1

Hey, Hi, herewego

spacer.png

Picked up another eBay lot of Xbox stuff, this black s is goin in the green shell from the last lot, always wanted this binder but never wanted to pay top dollar. Holds manuals and discs, kinda weird, and has a memory card holder in the back. Here's a dirty shot because I wanna see how nice I can clean it up. 

spacer.png

More from the lot, ticking off the list.

spacer.png

Splinter cell art variant, la rush but display sticker, blockbuster driver 3 display art, jpn exclusive world soccer 2002 (just realized I have on gamecube too lol)

Oh yeah here's the working and cleaned up controllers from the last lot.. already posted em elsewhere but it's part of my haul for the week so heck it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Continued>>>

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 5

Continued

spacer.png

360 guitar with the dongle for $3 woo woo from the thrift, used to be my bread and butter years ago and would just find these and flip em to the local for store credit.

spacer.png

Yay another bag! Mandy found the perler smb3 book on clearance while we were grocery shopping, haha. Found Thps4 with the Brady games mini guide at the local as well as monkey ball step and roll.

And finally for the week couple ps2 randoms

spacer.png

Have a great week everyone! See ya on the flip

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

On 3/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, drxandy said:

spacer.png

I gotta buy a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo sometime. I like the Banjo games for N64 and GBA and wish the series could continue on Nintendo systems. At least Banjo and Kazooie are in Smash Bros. Ultimate, which is certainly better than nothing.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:07 AM, drxandy said:

Hey, Hi, herewego

spacer.png

Picked up another eBay lot of Xbox stuff, this black s is goin in the green shell from the last lot, always wanted this binder but never wanted to pay top dollar. Holds manuals and discs, kinda weird, and has a memory card holder in the back. Here's a dirty shot because I wanna see how nice I can clean it up. 

spacer.png

More from the lot, ticking off the list.

spacer.png

Splinter cell art variant, la rush but display sticker, blockbuster driver 3 display art, jpn exclusive world soccer 2002 (just realized I have on gamecube too lol)

Oh yeah here's the working and cleaned up controllers from the last lot.. already posted em elsewhere but it's part of my haul for the week so heck it.

spacer.png

Continued>>>

Nice Xbox finds. I've been a fan of the Splinter Cell series since 2005 or so, and Vexx wasn't too bad. Have yet to play LA Rush, even though I've played all the other Rush games. Didn't know World Soccer 2002 was on Xbox, even though I've been collecting imports for years.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Love 1

@MegaMan52The quality of the amiibo is really nice, they did a great job on em. I also really like the relationship between Nintendo and Microsoft, glad they can loan out banjo. 

I think world soccer 02 also came out on ps2, pretty sure it was multiplatform but I can't resist a cheapie.. think it was 7$ shipped from someone in texas. Can't wait to finish the us Xbox set to focus more on the imports, but I love finding em here and there.. so easy to get distracted.

• Like 2