IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Well I definitely took that info and ran with it @Aguy buhuhuh

Gonna do this week earlier than usual because holiday.

My local gamestop's are kinda picked clean of older stuff but I got some good ones and some questionable filler for cheapppp just to get the deal. Also found good prices at the local game store.. here goes

20201223_181439.thumb.jpg.ff7ffc4467f062083367bc0b0fa548bc.jpg

360 stuff from gamestop, regular xbox from the local

20201219_185804.thumb.jpg.331ce84d81d364c4ebe64e80209f240a.jpg

Wii stuffff, everything but big brain from the stop. Big brain I passed up before for a cleaner copy and found this at the thrift for 2$ nice, clean and complete.

Sliding back into last week's dsi, I got custom firmware on this boiiiii now

20201223_111429.thumb.jpg.3f4383809e7d5433b7763d11844147f4.jpg

There's a ton of options but It's super cool to be able to load roms of english translated japanese games and other emulator support right from the sd reader and not need a flash cart

20201223_111619.thumb.jpg.f493eb0a49d3abf4ed733fcaa7d2d8c4.jpg

$1 wired xbone rock candy, then some double dips. DK I have the switch version and mario golf I have the regular, but snagged this variant. I hoped this copy from eBay would be complete but was missing the insert, oof.

20201219_185704.thumb.jpg.f803bf3c01b594eecc43a304180693c2.jpg

Scribblenauts and kirby from the gamestop sale and the rest from the local at nice prices: 7.99 on smash, 2$ monster hunter, 3$ will fit u.

20201219_155159.thumb.jpg.d870de5600b7f53c0cecd2a99b885683.jpg

Kirby 64, box in not very good shape but cart in great shape for $40, happy to get the us version since I only have jpn.

20201219_185256.thumb.jpg.a34cfc1ab86b2772e20fa05008d6aa33.jpg

Gamestop ps3 gets, demon souls for $10 in great shape (and had the original receipt) woo woo

20201223_112143.thumb.jpg.12de57d198576854d5c01721914eb7cc.jpg

Some mynintendo rewards showed up, the ornament got delayed

20201223_111058.thumb.jpg.6bb2ab09fc682769f7e8a90791711e02.jpg

Very stoked to add the other zelda slips from the vans nintendo collection, with the box and tags.

happy holidays everyone!

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

The new year is here 🎉

Here's to a Happy 2021!!

and here goes this weeks gets!

spacer.png

Wii bag variant without reflective accents from the thrift, minicopter I was eyeballing on ebay and found locally for cheap, phantom brave with the slip cover from eBay.

spacer.png

This well loved sonic plush was missing the tags but I dug around pictures online and found out he's from '06

spacer.png

Wanted to find one of these dope gb carry cases for a while and scored this one for $2, heck yah. Also valkyrie profile ds and some bendy socks.

spacer.png

Pika pi!

spacer.png

More Mynintendo rewards in the mail, xenoblade sticker sheet, ornament, nook bag, and splatoon postcard set

spacer.png

Found this neat mario kart loot sunshade for the car, probably gonna use it as a banner instead because it's kinda cool

spacer.png

And finally (lot of merch this week dang didn't realize it) found a nice lil 13in tv to add into the fold.

spacer.png

Goodwill lowered the price overnight to a buck, what am I supposed to do other than buy it! The set is in pretty nice shape with remote.. 

spacer.png

Trinitron from '97, it's the lower end model with only mono and inputs only on the back (headphones jack under the front flap) but a perfect nes tv, the picture looks great but just shows off how bad I need my toaster nes recapped.

spacer.png

I never see crt's at the thrift anymore. Happy to find this one though, it's so cute!

That's all for this week, hope everyone has a great start to the new year and thanks for peekin!

• Like 4

Here goes this week!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wellllllp, fiddlin' around with custom firmware caught me the bug. Popped cfw on it immediately because I can't read japanese and now I have all kinds of choice dsiware on there.

I wanted an XL for a while and caught a good deal on my favorite color that wasn't released in the states. Green came out in europe and Japan but usa had a green regular size dsi bundle for black friday featuring mario party (this same bundle also saw an orange variant release) It's in really nice shape for the age, came without stylus but I had a green 3ds xl version that looks pretty sharp in there (if anyone out there has a spare black stylus made specifically for the dsi xl/ll and would be willing to sell it for a fair price, doesn't specifically have to be nintendo brand but that would be dope. I would love to complete this guy)

Next up, caught a break on some random protectors off ebay.

spacer.png

122pc for twenty something dollars, majority is n64 cart only, but a variety of other stuff including more japanese gamecube which means I probably won't have to ever order those again.

spacer.png

Couple mynintendo things showed up (calendar, dodo bag) and I also snuck animal crossing cards into that order, I really wanna finish series 3. Also from best buy: goose game!! 

spacer.png

Found these guitars for 2$ a pop at the thrift, they came as a special edition 2 pack in this color way and in pretty decent shape.

spacer.png

Couple ds bags, thor is a wayforward game and I saw a video on youtube that made me wanna try it out and saw it at the local for $3 in great shape. Also grabbed Detective pikachu there, sealed for $20.

Jumping over..

spacer.png

Finally, some ps2 and gamecube stuffff:

spacer.png

Glad to add persona 4 and the first monster hunter, star ocean was a bit of a wash because the store sticker removed foil but the inside game is in pretty great shape), super clean almost new gamecube titles.. was holding out on universal studios because I kept finding poor condition copies and this one is a winner. 

This week felt productive, maybe I'll sneak some kind of chili potato into next week's photos because that seems to be all the rage in the everything else forums.

Anyways, have a great week guys!!

• Like 7

01/15/21 EST 1am edition of this weeks gets!

Herewego!

Starting off with a variety of games:

spacer.png

Found these at the local, my first harvest moon title knocked out for gamecube woo woo and pretty happy to add this super clean copy of valkyrie profile 2 to the collection. Since I snagged warriors 8 in the gamestop sale I picked up 6&7, there were quite a few warriors games for the 360! I wanna try the gundam ones. Monster Hunter generations I got for Mandy, probably gonna snag a few more of that series because they're so cheap now. The ds lite version of the web browser; not so much a game but I love these types of peripherals.. now I gotta get the og ds version with the gba sized cart expansion versus this clear lo-profile boi.

Next up found a very nice shape $3 playstation 1 base unit at the thrift. (Under a bootleg louis vuitton attache which I absolutely snatched up too buhuh) 

spacer.png

At first testing it didn't read games, so I cleaned the lens and tried again to no luck. However it did read cds, so I fired up an album and let it play through to the end then gave it a shot again and it read right away. Tested a few more games and played some tony hawk for a bit, working great now. With the I/O cover. Score. 

spacer.png

Odds and ends, bradygames final fantasy spirits within coffee table book for a buck, ps3 controller battery to maybe fix the sixaxis I have with a dead one, some 3dsxl expanding stylii and of course luigi plush from 2017 with a beanie bum.

I'm having a lot of fun with flashing dsi's with cfw, so I keep buying 'em dangit! This one is sick and won't keep games down, just biffs em out. In less colorful words: the cart doesn't lock in, which is probably fixable.. I just haven't dealt with it before and don't neeeeed the slot anyway, but still gonna try. Can't even justify this one because I just got the same color, ope.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty decent shape minus corner dings, $23 shipped from eBay but I used my bucks so more like 17$ came without stylus so I added this black one and black slot cover then flashed it while eating dinner and it's ready to roll.

Gonna finish this weeks post off with a new hardware addition. I wanted to have the option of being able to display video to multiple tvs but wanted it to be a little more portable than a matrix switcher so I picked up this lovely universal distribution amplifier from audio authority.

spacer.png

Input goes in the left side of the box, then output to 4 (5?) tvs. I tested it out a little while testing the ps1. (Maybe 5, because I'm not sure if the right side panel is specifically for daisy chaining these units or if not chain-in' can be used as well but there's options for more)

spacer.png

Just 2 for testing will probably set up with 3 total but have to rearrange to get it proper. I really like the idea of having multiple screens running to get that arcadey vibe. 

That's all till next week, sorry no chili with potato shots 🙂

• Like 6

Another week, another get!

Here goes

spacer.png

Nice clean and complete copy of atelier annie for ds, snagged for a heckin' deal of $20! 

spacer.png

Got the case and inserts for wild world and completed my loose copy, also picked up kingdom hearts 358/2 days, couple 360 warriors titles, scribblenauts unmasked has a surprise and lost in blue for wii.

spacer.png

The surprise is that it's the dvd bundle. I didn't know was a thing and thought it was a mistake but hey they released a version with an animated green lantern dvd.

Moving forward, couple switch games

spacer.png

Mandy's hooked on the MH^^

spacer.png

Civ 4 for $7, haven't played a civilization game since 1 or 2 might as well try for that price.

Added a jpn gcn "exclusive" (wooo woo) maybe Japan post is back?

spacer.png

Now, obviously we got viewtiful joe in the states but not revival. Not to make it seem like it's something special, only an easier mode according to the wikipedia article.

"A budget re-release of the game for the GameCube titled Viewtiful Joe: Revival was released in Japan in late 2003, adding a Sweet Mode to decrease the difficulty setting from the original game's Kids Mode." 

I haven't seen the price of shipping dip yet, but this package made its way in 2 weeks via Japan post air and not a 3rd party carrier so that's slightly exciting. Hope for the future!!

Gonna finish with cheapies this week since the local had a bunch of complete games for .99c

spacer.png

Aliens was $4 and looks pretty cool everything else a buck.

spacer.png

Now that I'm destined to own shovelware I might as well accept it. If all else, they could always be replacement cases.

Trace memory was $3 loose.. gonna have to complete it since the game has always grabbed my attention. The rest a buck, I hate to admit that it started with icarly because of the dsi exclusive note on the case (there are so few "dsi features" games)

Anyways that's it for this week, keep on staying safe y'all!!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 3

Last week of January, bunch of stuff, here goes the gets.

After a short break from xbox, snagged a rarer one.. haven't had any luck locally lately soooo

spacer.png

Last vgs game night I got drunk, wandered away from playing and found ebay... threw a bid on this in the last 10 mins completely out of it. Won for 56$ (which was my max bid), glad to get it off the list and my ebay saved searches.

Next up, found a decent replacement for the green dsi ll 

spacer.png

Fits in the slot flush, matches, officially licensed..close enough. Also screen protectors, woo woo.

spacer.png

Ds lite magnetic stand, this thing is so coooool

spacer.png

Hooks into the gba slot for stability, table stand usage with different angles, orrrrrrr

spacer.png

Stick that baby anywhere magnetic, pretty strong too.

I got too excited and forgot it came with a cool stylus

spacer.png

On the ds note, like a sucker I got another dsi.. red this time though!

spacer.png

This bundle was sold as the unit not reading games, which was sure enough the truth. In pretty nice shape minus a small scratch on the top screen, but everything else great.

spacer.png

There was something else I noticed that made me interested.

spacer.png

Brazilian. Noice. Figured why not, could at least pop cfw on there.

Welp, I cleaned the slot out with iso and noticed a pin out of place. Grabbed some tweezers and gently adjusted, boom. Now it works with no issues.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Since everything is good, not gonna bother with cfw. I have a display idea I am digging for a future post.

Next up, I was having nes wavy line issues that were bugging me. I assumed them to be capacitor related and it was gonna be a bit of work and maybe it would be easier to just get a new console. I sat on it longer, figured instead of buying a different unit I should troubleshoot like a smart person and that the capacitors in question could be the power adapter because duh, those things get left plugged in forever. Since I only had one power block, I googled to see if there was a modern quality solution and went with what castlevania games is hawkin' :

spacer.png

Yes. It was the power block. Here's the comparison with side pocket on the lil trinitron I got the other week.

Before (bad old block, yuck):

spacer.png

After (Triad magnetics, yasss):

spacer.png

Really happy it wasn't the console. Back when I cleaned it/fixed the pins it didn't look like anything was off, so it makes total sense that it was the block. 

K now to finish off this weeks post with some games.

spacer.png

Lego movie for $2, gal metal for $8 (complete with stickers and book), jelly belly 😂 ballistic beans (WHAT A NAME) for 2, trauma center for $6.

DS DS DS

spacer.png

Cheap cheap complete on the top 4, 11.99 on wario, 16.99 on kirby. Super happy to add both for those prices.

That's all this week, see ya next month!

hurhurrhurr

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 5

Hello, welcome to the end of the week!

spacer.png

Finally cracked and got the first otogi, had been putting it off forever but saw a good deal in nice shape. Still need #2!! 

Next up, odds and ends

spacer.png

Mario coin set and killer queen black from best buy, didn't know killer queen was coming with bonus controller skin, neat. 3ds case along with 360 cables and xbox controller from the thrift (ready to replace those sticks).

Now into ds territory..

spacer.png

Replacement stylii for dayzzz, thought these licensed (als industries?) would be a good fit and they are good enough for me, color matching and proper shape. Also Brazilian, didn't realize the text was in portuguese but pretty neat.

Picked up a box for the blue dsi

spacer.png

Replacement stylus in the slot and on the ds but nice enough on the cheap. Of course the serials don't match but I'm not that picky right now haha.

Games games games

spacer.png

$2 sp bag, cheap ds titles, coulda swore I had more than one copy of the gamecube preview disc but I finally replaced it.. I remember buying this at retail back in the day. 99c wii games! Sealed Sam and Max season two (heck yeah), and force unleashed.

Ending this weeks post, some nes stuff popped into the local gamestore.

spacer.png

Each have their issues, but I'm happy to add a copy of metroid to the collection.

Have a great week everyone!

Also I highly suggest firing up youtube and take a peek at super mario world universal studios Japan. Just had a media day recently and walkthrough videos are really really cool.

• Like 5

This week a break from the long-winded posts, not a lot but here goes!

spacer.png

Urban chaos has jumped in price a bit lately, happy to get it for $8.

spacer.png

The 'ol ign watermark wii version of okami, as well as these gems 😅

Found a nintendo New York splatoon shirt at the thrift in my size,  woo woo $3

spacer.png

To finish, some mynintendo rewards (eco notebook, acrylic hyrule warriors thingy) as well as..

spacer.png

Official DS cleaning kit, love the case design that holds these cleaning devices. Also some handy 3ds silicone port plugs to the bottom left.

Happy valentines yallllll 💕❤️💕 see ya next week!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 4

Welcome to another edition of this weeks gets!

spacer.png

Gotta start with the xbox, another one off the list and also found this beaut...

spacer.png

Local gamestore had it in, I really don't think they tested it because the power block bundled with was out of spec and not even close. Looking for a plug, these should be the specs I need..  input: 120V AC 60Hz 20W Output: 12V DC 850mA Outer negative, inner positive

I don't expect much from it, even back when these were new they were garbage.. may even mod down the line with a better screen. However as a novelty, attached to an xbox the thing looks hoooge.

Edit: popped in the thrift and found a suitable adapter, look at this crap!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The final power pro jpn cube game I needed to complete the set, another copy was on it's way during the lockdowns and got lost in the mail so I'm glad to cross it off.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Switch pickups on the cheap and $1.50 poptropica complete

spacer.png

Great deals on these 2 cib, again was $2 and sonic dark brotherhood $12.

spacer.png

Snagged another box/instructions for the north american exclusive blue color, even though I don't have that color yet it's some nice shelf candy.

Ending this weeks post, I participated in the box train that is finishing up here on vgs so here's my haul.

spacer.png

Have a great week, see ya on the flip 🙃

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 4

Duuddee! Ice been looking for that screen for years and never came across it! Excellent grab with that one. Paint me jealous.

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Man I can't believe you find such good stuff at the thrift. I don't even have thrift stores by me T_T

I have about 5 around me and he gets in a month what I get in a decade lol some places just have honey pots as thrift stores. 

• Like 2

I have an unfair advantage, I live pretty much across the street from 2 of em.. one is a swanky goodwill emporium (which I don't know if that means they get volume or what but their stock changes very often, and also lots of brand name clothes)

I went to the metro detroit and flint area last Saturday stopped in a few thrifts and it was very different than locally, just picked apart.

Hi everybody! This week I got over to the east side of my state, checked out a few thrifts and game stores I haven't been to before. I haven't had much luck locally with xbox stuff in a while, so that was what I was mainly going after and I'm pretty happy with what I found.

Starting strong:

spacer.png

Very crisp, complete, former gamefly copy of fatal frame 2. I never used gamefly during it's run and I kinda wish I had, but a nice reminder of the past.

spacer.png

These 4 I have seen many times in various states of poor condition and am happy to knock em off the list. 

spacer.png

Dark alliance 1, also usually see in poor shape. Now to get #2.

spacer.png

Ding ding ding, some commons in decent shape.

spacer.png

So clean! Always wanted to try out the aliens versus predator rts.

Xbox stuff I passed on but was super cool to see in store: fatal frame #1 (bad cond. No manual), silent scope sniper rifle lightgun (bad cond for $50 imo)

Would love to make another trip soon, I kinda got starry eyed by the higher dollar games and overlooked a lot of commons that I don't see much around here. 

On a not xbox note, mandy found the persona 4 steelbook. We were supposed to get the rerelease but gamestop never delivered it 😕

dXwwg2q.jpg

spacer.png

The final snags from the trip, $3 bags, $4 art academy and $3 aladdin gg

Back home I started picking up some nes carts.

spacer.png

Canadian copy of yoshi's cookie. Honestly wanted it for the funcoland slip, lots of memories. 

spacer.png

I wanted to get guardian legend cib eventually but prices have jumped hard, prob down the line but nice to have a copy. 5 screw golf and duck hunt

That's all for this weeks post, thanks for peekin!!

• Like 5

First week of March!

I figured since I'm keeping up with a weekly post (and taking way too many pictures) that I should try and make em look good. Picked up a couple sheets of foam poster board for the shots. But, yeah! Here's the gets.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Silent scope sniper rifle light gun, after seeing the one in store I just had to get it hahaha thing is a monster. There is also a black variant out there.

spacer.png

More xbox ticked off the list, some other odds and ends.. alias is sealed and had an interesting sticker on the back that I think I will leave on even though someone attempted to remove it already...

spacer.png

Hit up the local for more nes stuff and snagged some manuals and slip covers too.

spacer.png

Goin' game genie crazy.

Onto some new stuff..

spacer.png

Mandy picked up Persona 5 strikers/steel book and surprised me with bravely default 2 (best buy preorder bonus placemat/ coasters) and the mynintendo reward mario cat keychain.. bravely mynintendo poster showed up in the mail as well but is not pictured.

spacer.png

Thrift guides for a quarter each whoo

Also from the thrift, $6 base psone

spacer.png

Waiting on the power cord from eBay but it probably works.

Cord came in the mail today and it works great.

At the local gamestore they had a couple colored dreamcast controllers I snapped up

spacer.png

I regret selling almost all my dreamcast games years ago, figuring piracy to be an easier outlet. At least I kept all the hardware. I will eventually replace an optical drive with the sd reader and run em off there.

I had an empty box for the green one stashed away, so it promptly went into it's boxed home.

spacer.png

Gonna finish off this week with a nice xbox find, display only artwork for bloodrayne 2!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have a great week yallllll!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 4

Lot of stuff this week, away I gooooo

spacer.png

2 more xbox off the list

Next, bought some nes carts from acidjaguar

YbpVyv1.jpg

Also asked for the gameboy game genie book from the box train, perfect timing on that. woo woo.

Had some good luck at the thrift and got these 4 for $5.xx

zHRyyWi.jpg

Cleaned the ink the best I could, but they were much rougher than they are now.

More dealzzz

spacer.png

California games and adventures in the magic kingdom @5$ each, ds bag for $2, cord at the top to split the nes audio output to stereo, wii u games at $4 a pop from the local (surprised sniper elite is going for like $20 but had been meaning to pick up bayonetta 1+2 and for that price hell yahhhh)

Gameboy, Game Gear, and sky shark!

spacer.png

Since the local has been dry on xbox stuff, I dipped back into some handheld. These were pretty cheap and in great shape.

Also:

spacer.png

Game gear game genie! Mandy grabbed dragon crown pro battle hardened edition and labyrinth of refrain coven of dusk.

This popped in the local too:

spacer.png

Some quarter books

spacer.png

Little big planet and the scholastic ratchet and clank have posters, woo

And finally, a jpn gamecube game made its way here, Generation of chaos exceed

spacer.png

Hope everyone has a great week, see ya next time.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, late addition buttttt

20210313_151504.thumb.jpg.fe3840fbd710dad7768cf0a585a07d21.jpg

Mandy got the last preorder tech badge. By registering it and doing all the other required things gave me access to series 2 of the mario 35th aniv pin set from the mynintendo promotion!! Super stoked, ordered them yesterday.

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

March has half passed, woah. Here goes the gets.

Xbox!

Found another display box, this time for fight club.

spacer.png

Snagged the big box of ddr ultramix 4 with what looks to be an unused pad from the ebay.

spacer.png

More off the list.

spacer.png

Xbox kiosk disc 3.3 sealed printing error, monopoly for gameboy, mynintendo stuff: pin set #2, bravely default 2 poster and mario 3yr journal. Oh yeah, a Wii mote strap just cuz.

spacer.png

Mandy snagged hollow knight and Ori for switch. More mynintendo: pokemon pen, notebook and sticker set. 

spacer.png

Some stuff from the local starting with wii (u).

spacer.png

10 for tokyo mirage, 7 on go vacation, 4 for legend of kay, 13 on pikmin 3. Not too shabby.

Ds cheapies

spacer.png

Some ps3

spacer.png

A buck each on the top row and 4$ each on the bottom, very happy with those bottom 3.

To finish, found a couple of these record store 12x12 display posters for the tony hawk 3 sound track on ebay. They definitely tick off a few boxes of interest for me.

spacer.png

Big deftones fan, played a lot of thps3, and I remember seeing all kinds of albums get the 12x12 poster treatment / displayed all over record stores. I got a record display frame and put em in, looks super cool to me. 

Have a great week y'all, thanks for peekin!!

• Like 4

• The title was changed to drxandy's weekly pickups

I can't wait to share this on Friday. It came in the mail and I'm super stoked.

One of the lowest print games for xbox, Outrun 2006 coast2coast

spacer.png

I have only seen it locally twice many years ago, and one of those was disc only. There are a few condition things with the box and manual, disc is really nice though. Not complaining, really happy to knock it off the list. This was my big stimulus splurge.

The seller rules and wrote a nice note, as well as made a video for me about it and how long it takes to load a level (omg what customer service, such a great dood)

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

Hey, so trying to navigate this thread with this many pictures per post is really annoying.. sorry y'all I just get so excited over stupid stuff. Gonna try something different and split up posts to a couple pictures per to maybe get this back on track and a little more viewable.

Here goes the week!

spacer.png

Tick tick tick, thought the kb toys display sticker was neat and kept it intact with the reminant of price tag (rip kb)

spacer.png

Thrift toys up top, $2 wii u stuff, and some ps3

spacer.png

Mynintendo mario zipper pouch, $2 360 minty controller I wanted to mod but it's in too nice of shape, couple beautiful clear ps1 memory cards, gb 4in1 as well as heiankyo alien and a cheapo nintendo s video cable.

spacer.png

Mandy snagged these from the local, minus hades from best buy. Cool to see katanakami, not many imports for sale round these parts.

Continuing on to the next post:

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Monkey ball 2 popped in the local and I am more than happy to add it to my cube stuff.

spacer.png

Gba! Stoked for donkey kong at $20 and for $5 I couldn't leave the ispy game.

And to finish the week, a new n64 addition:

spacer.png

Mickey's speedway usa by rare, woo, nice and crispy cart.

See ya next week!

• Like 4