IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Happy 2023! Here's this week's gets:

spacer.png

MyNintendo goodies, really digging the earthbound stuff even though it's cheapy feeling but still cool - the eight melodies chart book is cute as well as the luggage tag. Also Kirby keychain and 2023 calendar. Snagged another 5 packs of series 5 animal crossing cards wooo

spacer.png

Thrift cheapies, don't usually go for disc only but capt america looks to be like 20$ disc on the eBay. Snagged but not pictured: a super siiiiick ol' Tupperware bin in teal from the 70s? and a Visio 24in tv for $10 from 2016.

spacer.png

Mandy got me the limited run vhs edition of turtles shredders revenge for switch! Came with the Raph card.

spacer.png

🤘

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Friday the 13th ooooo here's the gets

Some cheap boxed nes stuff came into the local game store, missing the books but the carts are in super nice shape.

spacer.png

Track and field 2 had the NP offers and Konami poster though, woo

spacer.png

And thriftwise I found these two:

spacer.png

Concrete genie looks super cute!!

Have a great week yalllllllllll

• Like 4

Happy Friday!

Fire emblem engage came out today, Mandy ordered the divine edition and we got it in the mail yesterday, heck yaaa

spacer.png

Goooooorgeous arttttt

spacer.png

The art book cover is so frickin pretty, wooooo also love the sprite details on the tray.

spacer.png

Onto the thrift gets:

spacer.png

Smash brawl and we sing 80s mic bundle (with 1 of 2 mics) for $2.50 each, apparently that mic bundle is pretty hard to find..  the mini dvd-rws for a quarter each and the PS2 controller missing the rubber for $2 (either gonna replace the sticks or just snag the shell from it)

spacer.png

$5 maybe working 360? Broken faceplate but I have a silver replacement. Pretty sure I have cables stashed away, might need a hdd but another project on the pile. Cheap games, Dante has a paper in it my copy didn't and bending again on disc only for fable anniversary.

This week I also saw some weird stuff come into the thrift, like this hemophilia puppet:

spacer.png

And also this 'teddy' pedicure chair, who wants a teddy pedi???

spacer.png

Have a lovely weeeeek, see ya next fri

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Happy Friday! Not a whole bunch (lololol) this week but here it is!

spacer.png

Mario kart banana plush, wah wahh waaahhh

spacer.png

Wii pro controller, also nice for the HDMI classic systems

So I thought I had a power brick for that $5 360 from last week but checked everywhere and couldn't find it. The manufacture date for it is November 5th 2009, so the motherboard is a Jasper v2 which is the most stable original model so I hear. I ordered a brick off eBay to test, fingers crossed but it could really go either way. 

I did however find the replacement faceplate in my stash and I reshelled a controller with that silver AliExpress probably new old OEM stock, the fit was perfect so I'm thinking yass. Silver and black babyyyyy

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thinking about swapping the memory card doors to black from the original faceplate but cleaned up and ready to find out if it's gonna work lol.

See ya next weeeeeek

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

That brings back memories.

Gotta love putting those peels in front of an item box.

Haha yasss, dodging the peeeeeels

I'm going for a whole vibe for the game room so all the random plushies are coming together, here's a shot of the non gaming ones:

spacer.png

The wire cube stuff reminds me of like arcade/carnival prizes. Ooo yah I also framed the world of nintendo sticker that I got from @Jeevan

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 1/13/2023 at 11:12 AM, drxandy said:

Friday the 13th ooooo here's the gets

Some cheap boxed nes stuff came into the local game store, missing the books but the carts are in super nice shape.

spacer.png

Track and field 2 had the NP offers and Konami poster though, woo

spacer.png

And thriftwise I found these two:

spacer.png

Concrete genie looks super cute!!

Have a great week yalllllllllll

The Legend of Kage (which I pronounce kayge, fight me) is a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved this game when I was a kid.

• Like 1

@CasualCartthanks dood!! I had been wanting to display them for a while. The iron giant ruleeeeesss, I found that sweet toy thriftin and was super stoked.. he lights up, moves, and makes noises (which was fun to watch our cats react to) but for now protects the sticks 😊

! Here goes this week's gets:

spacer.png

Mimikyu plush, 360 power block came in the mail. Immediately tested the $5 Xbox 360 and it works! No red ring or anythin' wrong with the disc drive, yay. Kinda hoped it had an older dashboard but it was updated. I went and bought the matching 120gb hdd from the local store, pulled out the wifi adapter I had and set up my account on it. 

spacer.png

Swapped the memory card doors on the face toooo, pretty happy with the results.

spacer.png

red vs blue seasons 6,7,8,9 from the thrift for cheap

Finished up another project on the pile, an NES that was missing the door and had bent pins. After fixing the pins, I painted the top shell. I wanted to do more like fabricate a new door, but it had been sitting for months now so I re assembled and maybe I'll come back to it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Had a controller with a chewed up cable that I paired with it, took off 11.5in from stock length since the rest was in good shape and swapped the buttons out as well as new start/select.

spacer.png

I found this locker shelf at Meijer and was thinking of using the wire for the door but it kinda works as a perfect little stand for it:

spacer.png

Anywhooo thanks for peeking, have a wonderful weeeek!

• Like 7

Happy Friday!

This week I looked toward adding more Forza horizon titles, put in a lot of time on #5 and have loved it so I started #4 on game pass and the fun continues. Gonna work my way backwards through the series. Want the physical copies, but pretty late to the game so I peeked around on eBay and found the premium edition for quite $$ and only one unsealed copy of it listed.. but with the wrong disc, which I'm pretty sure is the same as any regular copy since all the magic is the dlc card. Nothing led me to believe otherwise after searchin, so I worked with the seller and got a discount and found a replacement disc woo woo:

spacer.png

They went hard on the variants for this release, compared to 5.. there was also a steelbook edition with digital game (no add ons) and of course regular edition besides the multiple flavors of digital bundlings. 

spacer.png

Shot of the outside of the steelbook up top, snagged a console bundle copy of #3 sealed woo. Loose copy of 3 that came in the steelbook gon be my playin copy since it's off the gamepass.. but there was also a steelbook version of 3 so that's on the list too haha.

spacer.png

Mandy ordered the fire emblem pins on MyNintendo, pretty neatttt

spacer.png

She also snagged crisis core for the p5 and an in-store pack of AC cards. Found the 360 e model power block thriftin for $3. 

That's it for this week! 😘

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Happy Friday!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thrift finds have been pretty good this week. The battlepoke tomy toys are super cute, couple more 360 controllers to fix up (both came with GameStop brand play and charge kits too), chonky acoustic research HDMI shorty cable to go with this slightly outdated HDMI splitter.

spacer.png

Testing out with the SNES classic.

spacer.png

Took the controller I got couple weeks ago apart and cleaned, the replacement PS2 sticks I have on hand are for the older model - skinny post style, this controller has the bigger posts so I didn't have the correct replacement - used original Xbox instead. Feels ok, but I wanna order the proper replacement.

spacer.png

Mandy snagged the new Xbox controller, totally her vibe. Pretty cool it comes with a dynamic background for your Xbox exclusive to it (galaxy looking) didn't know that was a thing.

Finishing up: got a lot of Xbox magazine demos from France on the cheap!

spacer.png

Since they're loose I don't have much info to go on of what disc is what but I'm pretty sure they're from all different issues. Have to dig deeper, but pretty cooooool.

Das all for now, have a great week! 

• Like 2

Hellllllooooo Friday, here the gets.

spacer.png

Blue Mr. Chef cooking up the cute, couldn't leave him behind at the thrift.

spacer.png

Same with these Zelda puzzles, heck yaa

spacer.png

Mandy snagged Hogwarts, dead space, and Metroid remake and has been loving em. Unpriced wiimote got the hookup at the thrift for a big ole .64c woo

Been cleaning up and customizing 360 controllers, here's the latest 3:

spacer.png

The closer one in the shot with the black front shell I parted up to match the white one in the back to copy the vibe of the new lemon lime from pebsi.

spacer.png

Pink controller from last week got paired with a board that someone had already done an led swap on and has blue p1 which I dig to go with the vibe of my arcade stick. The left uses the board that used to be in the pink and it reminds me of like a pair of shoes.

spacer.png

Have a great week, see ya next fridaaay

spacer.png

• Like 3

Hey it's Friday again, here goes

octopath traveler 2 collectors edition

spacer.png

Mandy ordered from squeenix a lil while back, they do a very nice job of packaging to insure no damage.

spacer.png

Game is packed separate from the collectors edition stuff which is kinda bummer but eh it's on playstation now too so I get it I guess.

spacer.png

Top layer is the soundtrack CD, middle the pewter figures and on bottom the art book.

Next up, some thrift finds

spacer.png

Light up Zelda sign, gonna look neat on the wall and battery or USB operated woo someone's getting out of Zelda lately I guess haha idk

spacer.png

PS2 buzz buzzers, I love weird peripherals 🙂

spacer.png

Some nos monster cables, the white one (mini USB) is so short! gonna be cool for PS3 charging. Dr. Robotnik fast food toy woo, Rocksmith for $2.50 and a red xbone controller missing the battery back and some cute writing on it "Aiden plays" and "Max is elite". Cleaned up pretty nice, writing is gone now.

spacer.png

Finishin up, had to have the mini steelbook for horizon 4 and found a cheapie sealed on the eBay. Local store had Forza 3 for cheap but in the wrong case so searched for a case to swap in the .99c games  (2 disc case to boot) and found an ok one for transplant with battlefield 4.

Have a great week yalllll! Happy March.

• Like 2

It's March 10, so hey happy Mario day!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Lot of 360 stuff scattered across the thrifts this week, I passed up another console in mediocre shape, hddvd player in the box and a stack of cool hddvds (they were priced a little high) but definitely happy with what I did find, and as much as I needed another controller this one is in super nice shape.

That's it for this week, finishin up with this silly bootleg VHS of Jackie Brown that I couldn't leave behind 🙂

spacer.png

The copy on the back is just terrible, I love it.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Hey happy st pats day Friday!

This week is mostly from the thrift but all cheapies (heck yaa)

spacer.png

Super sweet Zelda twilight princess Wii bag, hadn't seen this style before. Overwatch, the PSP inline remote, and simpsons hit and run for a buck each! 

spacer.png

Plushie party, Alf and Garfield from the 80s, hangin little ceaser (kinda hoping it was a ceaserland prize, probably 90's) and dk and koopa are newish. The Wii bag has a secret hylian shield.

spacer.png

Kinda gross psone controller and this is after cleaning up, think it's heavy smoking damage but the left stick cleaned up much nicer than I expected.

spacer.png

Finishin up with Xbox, not much but HK bundle copy of clone wars/Tetris worlds for $6 total shipped 🙂

Have a great week!! until next Friday.

• Like 5

Hey it's Friday!

spacer.png

Like we need another Xbox controller, but I love the greeeeeen, thanks Mandy 🙂 got the controller and cristales from GameStop, Skyrim bioshock bundle sealed at the local gamestore for 8$, madden 09 the last og Xbox game released for a cool $5 to replace my copy with a little box issue.

spacer.png

Some dirt cheap xbone games, 360 charge and play cable for a buck, Mandy also picked up the new cel shaded Bayonetta game which is really pretty from what I've seen her play so far.

Finishing up with the final get of the week, paging @docile tapeworm 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

The 4 footer Suncast licensed bulls locker bayyybeee wooooo, heck yaaaa. Cleaning it up today but found it at goodwill for 8.29! Last time they had one it was a Dallas cowboys one in much worse shape so I had to pass (no ties to Dallas, but I think every kid in the 90s loved mj) I wanted a Detroit one but close enough 🙂

have a great week yalllll!

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

35 minutes ago, drxandy said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The 4 footer Suncast licensed bulls locker bayyybeee wooooo, heck yaaaa. Cleaning it up today but found it at goodwill for 8.29! Last time they had one it was a Dallas cowboys one in much worse shape so I had to pass (no ties to Dallas, but I think every kid in the 90s loved mj) I wanted a Detroit one but close enough 🙂

have a great week yalllll!

That is a sweet locker!

• Thanks 1