IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Heyo, happy Friday! Here goes this week.

spacer.png

Digging this red wings pennant I found at the thrift, eventually going for a 90s theme for the game room and it fits the part. Variety of PlayStation stuff, evolution skateboarding has hidden charecters from mgs and Castlevania, more kitsch bent parts, woo

spacer.png

Mandy picked up Kirby and the wonderful 64 keychains from myNintendo

Xbox time

spacer.png

Sealed copies of inside drive 03 and doa ultimate

spacer.png

More sealed off the list, and the crimson skies soundtrack.

That's all for this week, happy April fools lel see ya on the flip

• Like 5

Heyo kinda slow this week!

spacer.png

Local store got in phalanx, so I swooped it up and cleaned a sticker off it. Got thps 1 for gbc and a spare copy of Mario paint on the cheap. Stuff on the right from @Jeevan!  Thank you doooood!!

Thrift finds:

spacer.png

Looongboi yosh head pillow? with banpresto / Japanese text on the tag, from Wii era new super Mario bros, very cute. Also PlayStation 'gold' wireless headphones that I found without the dongle, they work with an aux cable tho I still gotta get a dongle... not bad for $3. Picked up a variety of clothes, CD players and stuff thrifting this week instead of game hunting haha.

I did use some of the kitsch bent parts and reshelled a dmg Gameboy and copy of Tetris tho:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

See ya next week!

• Like 5

Happy Friday! I got a big one out the way! Details at 11.

spacer.png

Nice pile of stuff from thriftin, always happy to find a couple Xbox games i'm missin in the wild. The nes I already have disassembled and it works, just need to bend some pins woo thinking of painting/maybe repair the chips on the top half. Cables in the back are a heck of a find, audioquest turquoise interconnects, some pricey cables for a buck! Pair of wii guns and the Gameboy games for 2$ ea , 4$ 'customized' 360 controller has it's battery back, 3$ s controller missing the dongle but I replaced it and it works great! 

spacer.png

PlayStation underground bag, Cod and star wars old Republic from the thrift and the dance games from the game store.

Xbox!

Found a great eBay seller and got 3 off the list, starting with another of the Mortal Kombat deception kollectors editions, Baraka

spacer.png

Super crispy, everything there and a bonus! The subzero card, assuming it came with the PS2 mk deception 'premium pack' was surprised to see it as I didn't look into the other variants (didn't even know it existed since my focus is on Xbox haha) GameCube didn't get a collector/premium edition, but has exclusive fighters with goro and shao kahn. PS2 had the subzero premium pack with 2 physical cases in a double cardboard sleeve, and Xbox had the 4 like above featuring Millena, Baraka, scorpion, and Raiden. 2 to go, been looking for years!

spacer.png

King of fighters '02 - '03 - really happy with the condition. This guy took care of his stuffff and I wish I bought more from him!

Finishing off with a big one for me! Futurama!

spacer.png

When this one jumped up in price I was kinda mad I didn't get it earlier, floated around the 50$ mark for years but here we are in 2022 and now it's a $200 item I guess. I got a little deal at $160 and I can't wait to play it! Mandy and I love Futurama! 

Now the biggest fish on my list is Teen Titans, fingers crossed I can find a good copy for a decent price. 158 away from the fullset!!

Have a great week y'all see ya next Friday 🙂

• Like 5

On 4/15/2022 at 7:33 AM, drxandy said:

Found a great eBay seller and got 3 off the list, starting with another of the Mortal Kombat deception kollectors editions, Baraka

spacer.png

Super crispy, everything there and a bonus! The subzero card, assuming it came with the PS2 mk deception 'premium pack' was surprised to see it as I didn't look into the other variants (didn't even know it existed since my focus is on Xbox haha) GameCube didn't get a collector/premium edition, but has exclusive fighters with goro and shao kahn. PS2 had the subzero premium pack with 2 physical cases in a double cardboard sleeve, and Xbox had the 4 like above featuring Millena, Baraka, scorpion, and Raiden. 2 to go, been looking for years!

The GameCube version includes a Sub-Zero card (well, my copy does anyway...not sure if other copies include different cards):

mortalkombatdeceptionpic.jpg.2447bc2b79a556df6f21eebe0af24866.jpg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Love 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:33 PM, drxandy said:

Finishing off with a big one for me! Futurama!

spacer.png

When this one jumped up in price I was kinda mad I didn't get it earlier, floated around the 50$ mark for years but here we are in 2022 and now it's a $200 item I guess. I got a little deal at $160 and I can't wait to play it! Mandy and I love Futurama! 

Good game, especially if you are a fan of the series! The voice acting and cutscenes are great, it's well worth seeing the game all the way through for those alone, even if the gameplay is a little generic! 😉

• Love 1

10 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

The GameCube version includes a Sub-Zero card (well, my copy does anyway...not sure if other copies include different cards):

mortalkombatdeceptionpic.jpg.2447bc2b79a556df6f21eebe0af24866.jpg

Thank you! Learned me something. Haha, I still think it's unusual that Xbox got 4 editions.

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Good game, especially if you are a fan of the series! The voice acting and cutscenes are great, it's well worth seeing the game all the way through for those alone, even if the gameplay is a little generic! 😉

Played through the first level and made it most of the way through the second, I suck so I'm gonna use cheats haha but I am being charmed by it haha.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Played through the first level and made it most of the way through the second, I suck so I'm gonna use cheats haha but I am being charmed by it haha.

Not to spoil anything, but it has a pretty good narrative payoff if you make it all the way through to the final end cutscene! 😉

• Like 2

Heyo, here's this week's stuffff

spacer.png

Thrift finds: sealed-ish PC cybogirl pinball, probably bootleg Pokemon card folder, altered beast lootcrate shirt and xbone headset adapter

spacer.png

Stuff from the game store: thps 3 was the last of the 4 thps games on ps1 I didn't have, so now I have the set woo. Dirge of Cerberus, same deal.. last of the final fantasy games on PS2 (except online stuffff). Tiger woods has Gameboy link cable support, woo woo.

Finishing up with Xbox:

spacer.png

Blazing angels off the list and this sweet double sided mechassault 2 shirt.

Have a great week! See ya next Friday 🙂

• Like 1

Heyo happy Friday, here's this week's stuffff

spacer.png

Got a qbert in pretty ok shape, woo

spacer.png

Thrift stuff, couple guides (I already had blinx but this copy has the poster, why not), Pokemon movie buttons and ok shape PS2 controller. Also from the thrift...

spacer.png

Intec GameCube hardcase, feels like it should be handcuffed to ya haha.

Finishing up with Xbox, of course

spacer.png

Winter headband by port authority, don't see those come up often so I was stoked to add it to the Xbox hat collection, and another two off the list.

Thanks for peekin, waiting on a cool controller in the mail 🙂 'til next Friday!

• Like 1

Happy Friday! Here goes:

spacer.png

10$ Wii with no cables, I tested and it works great, missing the GameCube ports door. They had 5 of em at the store and I didn't want to be greedy, kinda wishing I would have grabbed another one to reshell but when I went back they were gone haha, oh well. RadioShack replacement NES power brick new old stock woo woo.

spacer.png

Tiger woods to go with the cube game from a few weeks ago, GBA linkage. Xbox stuff from @spacepupwooo wooo ❤️

Got a product sheet that was probably in a retailer reference binder for the cancelled Xbox game Jonny drama.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cel shaded, weird 60s secret agent spy stuff, sounded pretty coooool too bad it didn't make it out.

Finishing up this week with a kinda rare Xbox controller, the Japanese skeleton black

spacer.png

spacer.png

Super happy to add it to the collection, and for a killer price.

See ya on the flip side 🙃

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Hey, happy friday!

Not much this week, but next should be interesting - won a couple lots of super cool and hard to find demos that I am eagerly waiting for in the mail but here goes:

spacer.png

3 for the Wii, from the local game store. They've been low stock on everything lately but these were in nice shape.. they also had the Wii fire emblem in, gonna have to get that one eventually.

spacer.png

Thrift: blue 360 pad needs a lil cleaning and some new sticks, gba workin good lil ding on the screen but has battery back, oh yeah Mandy found the smash guide for .50c

That's it, big post next Friday woo woo 

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 5

Friday is here, happy Friday!! Here goes this week.
I got 2 lots of demos from an eBay seller, total of 53 discs and other random stuff from the middle 2000s so I'm just gonna jump right in.

Lot1

spacer.png

Pile of oxm demos, during the transition from the og Xbox to 360, I had most of these but in cardboard sleeve since I had a subscription back in the day, the plastic slim box was available at retail and I've always liked the look on a shelf so eventually going for em

This lot was contained in this logic3 brand box, it has those big PS2 stylized lines just filthy, here's the before cleaning shot:
spacer.png

spacer.png

And after, much better. The unit is called the "Game Station 3" (love the name) and holds like 12 dvd sized games and a bunch of memory cards, p cool.

7qqlkxq.jpeg

spacer.png

Odds and ends, I saved the stickers even though they've had a life because I'm pretty sure they were retailer exclusive. Lost planet art book a little beat. Super Cool++ hand written codes and cards for MLB 2k6, not sure about the street fighter card.

The main reason I went for this lot was these 2 discs

spacer.png

360 kiosk disc 2.4 and super hard to find NBA ballers phenom 100k tournament disc.

On to lot 2!

>>>>>

• Like 3

Continued>>>

The second lot, the more exciting one woo

spacer.png

Metroid prime hunters demo, extra stylus, DS manual from the launch model. Nintendo E3 06 presentation dvd, has the 06 E3 press conference on it with special intro by Reggie, dig it since there's pre release footage of Zelda twilight princess.

spacer.png

On the left is the back of the E3 06 dvd, in the lot that was all I had to go off of and wasn't really sure what this disc was until a little googling. Up top igpx promo dvd for cartoon network show, psm holiday dvd, lovely bootleg copy of a magazine dvd east coast ryders (this is a delight of 2000s car culture/rap I watched like half of it hahaha) and some balders gate dark alliance 2 dvd guides (I think these were in a bigger box as a preorder).

spacer.png

Star wars empire at war (PC rts game) internal review copy oooo, GTA San Andreas trailer dvd (it's so short whyyyyyy), and the game factory Dvd with footage of 2 GBA games (also v short)- Care Bears Care Quest  and Garfield:The search for Pooky. I have only tried that disc on a dvd player but I kinda hope there are some media assets if it was popped into a pc.

spacer.png

CD comps/soundtrack! Blue 2k sports and smt digital devil saga 2 are sealed, wooo that victory records comp had my eye.. loved those samplers victory would put out and this is no exception. This one is the soundtrack to mvp 06 NCAA baseball, and preorder bonus: https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/victory-ea-play-ball-for-game-soundtrack-1402210/

Here's the backs if you wanna see the tracks.
spacer.png

spacer.png

Xbox 360 experience disc 1.5v3 had a surprise 1.5 disc inside the sleeve, heck ya kiosk discs

spacer.png

2 copies lookin new of the spartan total warrior demo, 2 of full spectrum warrior sticker sealed, and a kinda rare bloodrayne 2 demo

spacer.png

Xbox kiosk discs 4.3 RP-M, 4.5 no sleeve and sealed registration error 4.6, yasss

spacer.png

Sealed ea and driver at top, another ea trio opened, 2 random discs psm demo and the ps1 pitfall looks a little worse for wear.

spacer.png

Final fantasy 7 demo with some funky staples in it but in really nice shape other than those and GameShark disc.

spacer.png

PS2 demos for Black, Toca 3, and Resident Evil 4.

spacer.png

Finishing up with PS2 trade demos for Combat Elite WW2 paratroopers and State of Emergency 2 from southpeak interactive. State of Emergency also came with the following document.

spacer.png

spacer.png

See ya next weeeeek!!

• Like 4

Hey happy Friday!

Here goes this week

spacer.png

Mandy got alpha Sapphire, i found the watchmen combo and atelier Totori.

spacer.png

A friend from work gave me these Gameboy' missing screens but both have battery backs and in decent shape, gonna have to try out ips the screen kits for em, yay more projects!

spacer.png

Top two from the thrift, bottom two from the local. Come play halo with us!  Vgs game night, tomorrow the 27th at 6pm est. Ya don't need a copy of the game or an Xbox, there's cross play with PC and a trial of gamer pass ultimate is a buck I think. 

spacer.png

Big box ddr ultramix 3! Love the sealed headset cable haha.

spacer.png

Finishing off with Xbox, 3 more off the list and a sealed copy of voodoo Vince to go with the Spanish one, I hope I can find a French for cheap haha 🙂

have a great week y'all!!

• Like 3

Hey! Late Friday for me, but not much this week.

spacer.png

Mandy snagged the min min amiibo, I found the ps3 remote at the local for like $3 and this very cool book from 2004 off the eBay. The information inside is a trip now-a-days including afterburner GBA installation which looks completely antiquated compared to the modern solutions of swapping a 101 screen or ips kit. I only skimmed through but a perfect time capsule of the 2000 modding scene.

spacer.png

Fable 3 display art wooo, heavenly guardian is a scrolling shooter in the likes of ikari warriors or heavy barrel.

Finishing with Xbox but none of the list this week

spacer.png

Found an eBay seller from Sweden selling these hockey games, my first Swedish package! Nothing really special but there is branding and language all over em. Less than 8$ together shipped, I have no idea how the seller made any money off of it.

Anyways that's it for this week, anxiously awaiting Sunday as we're heading to cedar point to ride some coasters. One of my favorite amusement parks, and it's been like 5yrs since I've been. Can't wait!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Heyyyy, so this week I spent all my fun money on the trip as well as getting my car fixed so here's some cedar point pictures instead.

Love me some Cedar Point.  Always a good time!  Was Top Thrill open?  I've heard people say it's been closed for a most (all?) of this season.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Heyyyy, so this week I spent all my fun money on the trip as well as getting my car fixed so here's some cedar point pictures instead.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we already got all the excuses from Mandy why she wasn't keeping up with the werewolf game! 🤣😛

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Love me some Cedar Point.  Always a good time!  Was Top Thrill open?  I've heard people say it's been closed for a most (all?) of this season.  

Closed for the whole year because last season a part of a train broke off and hit someone in line, big time yikes https://www.themeparktribune.com/cedar-point-cleared-in-top-thrill-dragster-accident-but-keeping-coaster-closed-in-2022/

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 1