IGNORED

Let's just go nuts!

Tabonga

On 2/13/2022 at 9:52 AM, captmorgandrinker said:

I was thinking the same thing.   Those are usually either the last ones left in the can of mixed nuts or the ones being thrown across the hotel room at your friends.

I buy them loose. They are so soft you can carve them with your teeth as you eat them. Weird, I know.

18 hours ago, BortLicensePlate said:

Probably pistachio if I had to pick 🤔

Almonds, Cashews, regular salted peanuts, can't go wrong really.

Anybody else hate when you get those pistachios that don't have a good crack in em, so they're just sealed shut and impossible to open

Just wedge a discarded pistachio shell into the tiny crack and twist.

If they're completely sealed they aren't good anyway.

3 hours ago, RH said:

Truth bomb-- those pistachios aren't nuts.  They're pitted seeds, like the inside of a peach seed.  

Which always made me wonder what the roasted inside of  peach seed would taste like...

🧐 Aren't all nuts seeds, in that fashion?

The pistachio (/pɪˈstɑːʃiˌ, -ˈstæ-/,[2] Pistacia vera), a member of the cashew family, is a small tree originating from Central Asia and the Middle East. The tree produces seeds that are widely consumed as food.

The peanut, also known as the groundnut,[2]goober (US),[3] pindar (US)[3] or monkey nut(UK), and taxonomically classified as Arachis hypogaea, is a legume crop grown mainly for its edible seeds. 

The cashew tree (Anacardium occidentale) is a tropical evergreen tree that produces the cashew seed and the cashew apple accessory fruit.

The pecan (Carya illinoinensis) is a species of hickory native to the southern United States and northern Mexico in the region of the Mississippi River.[2] The tree is cultivated for its seed in the southern United States, primarily in 

1 hour ago, Link said:

🧐 Aren't all nuts seeds, in that fashion?

Yes, but what I meant is that the pistachio tree has a fruit.  Inside the fruit is a pit (like a peach) and then the pit has a small seed in it, which is what we roast and eat.

Other nuts just have a hull with the meat inside.  
There is a difference, all though if you look at something like a fresh pecan or walnut, they have an exterior husk.  I mean, toMAYto, toMAHto, but those differences some what important and you read up on that type of stuff when these differences affect your diet of what you can and can't eat.

Just now, RH said:

Yes, but what I meant is that the pistachio tree has a fruit.  Inside the fruit is a pit (like a peach) and then the pit has a small seed in it, which is what we roast and eat.

Other nuts just have a hull with the meat inside.  
There is a difference, all though if you look at something like a fresh pecan or walnut, they have an exterior husk.  I mean, toMAYto, toMAHto, but those differences some what important and you read up on that type of stuff when these differences affect your diet of what you can and can't eat.

Might want to look up cashews.

• Like 1