IGNORED

Help me decide what to add to Guntner!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

So I backed this homebrew project at the top tier, of which there were only 5 spots available: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/langel/guntner

It's a new shmup for the NES, and the tier I backed it at allows me to help design some elements of the game; per the description:

• Help Design an Element of GunTneR!!
  • Help steer development! Same as above (cart/stickers/sleeve) and collaborate with me on an enemy, a boss, or power up!

You might be thinking "add the Sage!" and I totally went there in my head, too. But I don't think it's honestly a thematic fit, and there are plenty of other places where the Sage could totally fit in the future, so shelve that one for now.

That's where you come in though - I'd love to get some ideas spit-balled on here to help me come up with something to propose.

My initial idea was to suggest a powerup which would be a second "support" ship like your typical "Addition" that you get in some shimps, in the likeness of a literal glove, which provides more firepower for your ship. Another idea was a Glove Shield - Basically a powerup which can block some amount of shots before dissipating, it'd be again a literal glove which floats in front of your ship and blocks shots. Just some starter ideas, with a clear starting point of "My username is Gloves, lol". Maybe we can get more creative than that.

Lemme know your thoughts/ideas!

• Like 1

How do we work in the unofficial mascot of VGS - purple ganon!

Maybe something simple, like I’m sure they have a 1up power up so if we can have the sprite designed by our own @CasualCart that would be neat. I mean you paid the money though so it should be whatever you want lol

Programming the glove idea seems like a lot of work!

Edited by a3quit4s

Graphics Team · Posted
54 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

How do we work in the unofficial mascot of VGS - purple ganon!

Maybe something simple, like I’m sure they have a 1up power up so if we can have the sprite designed by our own @CasualCart that would be neat. I mean you paid the money though so it should be whatever you want lol

Programming the glove idea seems like a lot of work!

@Gloves is an artist, too - he can handle it.

(And I'm totally not hiding the fact that I'm garbage at pixel art).

-CasualCart

1230815671_glovsmol.jpg.1c181054c4f599a464e14bb68603572d.jpg

• Haha 6

Events Team · Posted

Also backed Guntner but at the hand built cart tier.  I actually really like the idea of a glove upgrade.  It should be something fairly simple because the ship sprite is fairly small and it suits the overall theme.  I've always been partial to the option upgrade myself rather than an additional ship.  Maybe a little glove that follows you around like a finger gun.  Something like this.

YM8ZnuV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...