IGNORED

Werewolf 11: Among Us sign-ups

G-type

amongwolf.jpeg.274f9b66af2dc9a527db937cf2f3db2d.jpeg

This game is unlike other Werewolf games you have played before.

It is a hybrid of werewolf and text adventure. At the conclusion of the game, there will be a team win/loss as per normal. There will also be an adventure score based on the tasks you complete and the puzzles you’ve solved.

For examples of text adventures I have hosted before, please see:

Pumpkin Town

Kringle Krisis

Here are the rules. They are new, so please don't skip this @OptOut

Meeting Phase

While in the meeting room, you may discuss suspicions, make accusations, share information discovered while exploring, cast votes for elimination. If someone receives a majority of the votes, they will be ejected into the coldness of space, at which point their role card will be revealed. Meetings will last for 48 hours. (unless hammer drops early)

During the meeting phase, please submit in your private channel which room you wish to start in during the next exploration phase.

Exploration Phase

During this phase, you will be placed in a private room based on your selection, along with anyone else who chose this room. During this time, you may interact with the other people in the room, as well as any interactive room elements, which will be designated by an underline in the room’s descriptive text. Interactive room elements may be “examined”. Depending on what the element is, it might also be an object that you can acquire, or an item that you can use or otherwise interact with. If you enter a room with a dead body, an EMERGENCY MEETING will be called, at which point the players all return to the meeting room and we begin another 48-hour Meeting Phase. Wolves may choose to report discovering one of their victims if they wish. 

Exploring a single room will last for 24 hours. 

Movement:  During the exploration phase, please submit in your private channel, which room you wish to move to next. On the first round after a meeting, you may fast travel to any room for a starting location. Room selection must be kept private!! (violation of this rule will result in you being placed in a random room.) For every subsequent exploration round, you must move to a connected room. If you wish to stay put, you may say nothing, or preferably, send me a message saying: “no movement” (so I don’t mistakenly believe you are simply inactive.) 

Remember: Submit your NEXT move before the current round ends. 

Rooms have a max capacity of ⅓ of the starting players. If any player chooses a room that is already full, they will be bumped to the next adjoining room that has space.

A meeting will be triggered after 3 consecutive explorations rounds, if a body has not been discovered.

Notes on playing exploration/text adventure:

Unlike role playing games, this text adventure is highly constrained and “on the rails” in terms of what you are able to do. The puzzles are generally of the lock -> key variety. Out of the box thinking will most likely not be rewarded. Commands should be stated as simply and directly as possible. (ie type “Examine book” and not “I want to see what’s going on with that book over there.”)

JOKE POSTS/Command Formatting

I understand making joke commands and doing bits in front of your friends is part of the fun, however I’m going to have a pretty heavy workload in this game keeping track of everything and responding to commands. So please help make my workload lighter by making it easy for me to know when posts can be skimmed over/ignored by making commands in BOLD

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. Read these rules and this Wikipedia if you’ve never played before https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

2. Play to win and have fun! I don't know why these are always mutually exclusive in rule setups. Just enjoy and don't be a jerk! Some people play harder than others. Just know this is 99/100 times a tactic to press you and try to get you to crack instead of them being an asshole. Do not bully each other. There’s a fine line I understand that. If you feel bullied please message me or a mod. Good luck! 

3. You may not quote private information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. This includes information discussed in any private chats, neighborhoods, PMs, etc. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. Don’t take screenshots of your role, don’t cheat and PM other players (unless you role allows it). If you are unsure, ask first.

4. There is to be no personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. I know lots of you are friends and family in real life. If you talk about the game please keep it very basic and DO NOT give anything away. 

5. If you have a role with an action that targets another player, you must be in the same room as the target player (unless your card says otherwise). Your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (before the phase ends). If I do not receive your choice via PM or via Post in your Thread by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. I will be responding to actions throughout the 24 hour period, although because I’m not online 24 hours a day, you might have to wait a bit before you get a response. Interactions should be made in the room channel. And movement commands should be made in your personal private channel.

6. Time Commitment: As a general rule you should aim to make a post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. I will prod players after 48 hours of inactivity. If you do not respond to a prod after 24 hours, I will try to find a replacement. If you know you will have to miss a day due to life/work/etc you may submit your room movement commands to me in advance.

7. No invisible, impossibly small, or encrypted text.

8. Don't edit or delete any posts in any thread. This is viewed as cheating.

9. Do not stalk other player’s profiles to see when they are online or offline. Using data gathered outside the game is against the spirit of the game.

11. Vote and command formatting. It is recommended (but not required) to tag G-type, so I don’t miss it. It doesn’t matter if another player is tagged. 

12. Points will be awarded for completing tasks/solving puzzles in the exploration phase. So in addition to your team win, you will also be playing for an adventure score. Solving the adventure puzzles is an objective for both the wolves and the town. You may share any information you’ve learned from the exploration phase that you choose.

An official vote must be written as: 

Vote: G-type (please use bold) 

A second vote will overwrite your previous vote. Unvoting is not necessary, (unless you are going from a vote to a non-vote)

amongus.jpeg.d64cfd7094b248a3b950de20ede0f4ad.jpeg

New player need to join the Werewolf club.

https://www.videogamesages.com/clubs/10-vgs-werewolf-arena/

The game will begin sometime after Valentine's Day.

This game is planned to have a smaller than average number of players, around 12. So please consider your availability before you sign up. If we exceed 12 players who want to play that's okay, I will make it work.

Will this game work? I dunno, I hope so? It's an experiment, but it will be interesting!

Tagging past players, and possible interested parties:

@Reed Rothchild

@Gloves

@OptOut

@ZeldaFan042

@BattySalem

@0xDEAFC0DE

@MagusSmurf

@Generic

@Hammerfestus

@FireHazard51

@Splain

@ChickenTendas

@Bettington Bear

@RH

@behemos

@SailorScoutMandy

@Rhapsody98

@Jeevan

@ExplosiveEmu

@Murray

@fcgamer

@JamesRobot

@Wasg13

@drxandy

@Shmup

@WalterWhiteJr.

@ZeldaFreak

@JVOSS

@Kalebrok

@DefaultGen

@CasualCart

@Brickman

@Link

@Makar

1. DefaultGen

2. Hammerfestus

3. Zeldafreak

4. Brickman

5. Rhapsody98

6. Optout

7. JamesRobot

8. 0xDeafcode

9. Splain

10. Walter White jr.

11. Makar

12. Bettington Bear

13. MadamRadness69

BACK-UPS

1. RH

2. Jeevan

Edited by G-type
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

Events Team · Posted

YOU SON OF A BITCH, I WAS PLANNING ON DOING AN AMONG US GAME IN THE FUTURE SIMILAR TO THIS CONCEPT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING THE GAME WITH THE CARD SUITS!

With that said, I'm in, although I did have a few questions I wanted to ask.

1: Do the wolves still have their own private chat like typical Werewolf? This isn't the case in Among Us so figured I'd ask.

2: Does the game start with an immediate meeting phase, followed by an exploration phase, or does it start with an exploration phase?

3: Say there's two dead bodies, each in separate rooms. At the start of a new exploration phase, one body is found, but the other isn't, nobody goes in to the room with the other body, but a meeting is still called since one body was discovered. Is the other body that wasn't discovered automatically publicly revealed even though it wasn't found, like Among Us, or does the other body stay hidden until someone enters the same room as it?

4: How in the world do kills work? Unless this was the shortest game of Werewolf in history, I can't imagine every wolf would be able to kill independently of one another like Among Us, so I'm confused about how kills work in this setup.

5: In addition to the above question, is there a cooldown on kills like Among Us? If so, how long is the cooldown?

6: To be sure I'm understanding the Exploration Phases correctly, every 24 hours, every player can choose to either stay put in the same room, or move to an adjacent room, correct? And then whenever a body is found in one of these rooms, a meeting is immediately called, unless a wolf goes in to that room, in which case they can choose whether or not to call a meeting about the body. If a body isn't found within 72 hours (3 exploration phases) a meeting will automatically be called. Am I getting all of that?

I work for a company that has a massive inventory and we are implementing a new robotic picking system, so from now until at least mid-March, I'm super busy.  I really, really want to play this one though.  I guess I'll let you put me down as an alt but I know I won't be able to check in much.

7 minutes ago, Link said:

I'm gonna just observe and hopefully learn something this time. I've never done RPG/LARP before the last one, and I'd like to not miss key points and be a fool again 😅 

Nah I reckon you should just join in 🙂 you learn better by doing. I've never played a werewolf game setup like this either, so I'm going to be in the same boat looking like a fool haha.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Nah I reckon you should just join in 🙂 you learn better by doing. I've never played a werewolf game setup like this either, so I'm going to be in the same boat looking like a fool haha.

Same here. I'm obviously moderately experienced with Werewolf in general, but I've never played anything like this before.

2 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

YOU SON OF A BITCH, I WAS PLANNING ON DOING AN AMONG US GAME IN THE FUTURE SIMILAR TO THIS CONCEPT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE DOING THE GAME WITH THE CARD SUITS!

With that said, I'm in, although I did have a few questions I wanted to ask.

1: Do the wolves still have their own private chat like typical Werewolf? This isn't the case in Among Us so figured I'd ask.

2: Does the game start with an immediate meeting phase, followed by an exploration phase, or does it start with an exploration phase?

3: Say there's two dead bodies, each in separate rooms. At the start of a new exploration phase, one body is found, but the other isn't, nobody goes in to the room with the other body, but a meeting is still called since one body was discovered. Is the other body that wasn't discovered automatically publicly revealed even though it wasn't found, like Among Us, or does the other body stay hidden until someone enters the same room as it?

4: How in the world do kills work? Unless this was the shortest game of Werewolf in history, I can't imagine every wolf would be able to kill independently of one another like Among Us, so I'm confused about how kills work in this setup.

5: In addition to the above question, is there a cooldown on kills like Among Us? If so, how long is the cooldown?

6: To be sure I'm understanding the Exploration Phases correctly, every 24 hours, every player can choose to either stay put in the same room, or move to an adjacent room, correct? And then whenever a body is found in one of these rooms, a meeting is immediately called, unless a wolf goes in to that room, in which case they can choose whether or not to call a meeting about the body. If a body isn't found within 72 hours (3 exploration phases) a meeting will automatically be called. Am I getting all of that?

Just a warning... Among Us is really just a mild set dressing for the sci-fi text adventure I have planned to make it fit the Werewolf game. I only have a surface level knowledge of Among Us, so don't expect too much carry over between concepts in the video game and this.

each round is sort of like its own "night phase" so there can be potentially 1 kill per exploration phase. I guess you can call that a cooldown if you like. keep in mind, anyone else in the room is a witness to what happens in there, so it won't be so easy.

bodies will not be automatically revealed if they haven't been found yet. They will just stay there until someone stumbles upon them. Your understanding of the 72 hour/3 exploration phases rule is correct.

There will be a wolf chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, G-type said:

Just a warning... Among Us is really just a mild set dressing for the sci-fi text adventure I have planned to make it fit the Werewolf game. I only have a surface level knowledge of Among Us, so don't expect too much carry over between concepts in the video game and this.

each round is sort of like its own "night phase" so there can be potentially 1 kill per exploration phase. I guess you can call that a cooldown if you like. keep in mind, anyone else in the room is a witness to what happens in there, so it won't be so easy.

bodies will not be automatically revealed if they haven't been found yet. They will just stay there until someone stumbles upon them. Your understanding of the 72 hour/3 exploration phases rule is correct.

There will be a wolf chat.

OK, gotcha. So, essentially, there can only be one night kill in between each meeting phase, that makes sense. That was the main thing I was curious about, how kills would be approached.

Interesting on the body thing. So, say there's a scenario like the one I laid out, someone is dead, but their body hasn't been found. If we don't know they're dead by the start of that meeting phase, then what would be stopping people from attempting to vote for them due to the fact that, from their perspective, they're just being completely silent? Or would it be a case where it's known that they're dead, but we'd have to find their body to know their rolecard?

17 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

OK, gotcha. So, essentially, there can only be one night kill in between each meeting phase, that makes sense. That was the main thing I was curious about, how kills would be approached.

Interesting on the body thing. So, say there's a scenario like the one I laid out, someone is dead, but their body hasn't been found. If we don't know they're dead by the start of that meeting phase, then what would be stopping people from attempting to vote for them due to the fact that, from their perspective, they're just being completely silent? Or would it be a case where it's known that they're dead, but we'd have to find their body to know their rolecard?

you misunderstood... each exploration round is a new chance to kill. 

As for the scenario you mentioned... you would be told they didn't show up at the meeting. Now that I say that out loud, having their body trigger a second meeting might be unnecessary, since everyone would already realize what had happened. I'll talk it over with my planning team @fox and @KokiriChild

Edited by G-type
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, G-type said:

you misunderstood... each exploration round is a new chance to kill. 

As for the scenario you mentioned... you would be told they didn't show up at the meeting. Now that I say that out loud, having their body trigger a second meeting might be unnecessary, since everyone would already realize what had happened. I'll talk it over with my planning team @fox and @KokiriChild

Oh, OK. So there is indeed a chance this'll be the shortest round of Werewolf in history depending on how many rooms there are, haha.

And yeah, you might want to discuss that a bit with them, especially now that I know kills are gonna be happening left right and center. In Among Us, if there's an undiscovered body when a meeting is called, it's shown during the meeting that they're dead, the tradeoff is that you have no idea where they were killed or the circumstances of their death, you just know they died.