IGNORED

Nintendo 64 Weekly Contest Round 9: Pokemon Puzzle League

Red

Hello and welcome to the 9th round of the Nintendo 64 Weekly Contest!  This week's game is Pokemon Puzzle League.  Each attempt will take a maximum of two minutes, so surely everyone will have time to give this a try!

Rules:

- Choose Time Zone in Puzzle Village
- Set Game Mode to 3D
- Set Speed Lv. to 10
- Set Game Lv. to Normal
- You must complete the full two minutes to submit a score (no Game Over scores)
- Highest score wins

- You have until 11:00 PM EST on Sunday, February 13, 2022 to submit your score.

For general contest rules, click here:

https://www.videogamesages.com/forums/topic/9667-nintendo-64-weekly-contest-leaderboard-rules-20212022/

Good luck and have fun!

SCOREBOARD:

1. 3,071 (Splain)

2. 2,440 (Jeevan)

3. 920 (Krunch)

Edited by Red
  • Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, RH said:

I can't get this one to work on my emulator on my MacOS.  Just a blank screen.  I guess I'm setting this one out too. 😕

Keep looking, if you can. I've been using my phone to play the games I don't own, but this one one my phone doesn't show any of the tiles. I can see the cursor slowly inch upward, but the tiles are invisible and I die. So I tried Project64 on PC and it works. Well, still that graphic glitch but it's playable. I don't know what your options are on Mac, but different emulators perform differently for different games.

• Like 1

I've asked on Reddit. I use MacOS and I can't find references to any emulators that work with this game.  It's a known bug with Mupen64 and I am using an one-app-to-rule-them-all called Open EMU.  I've tried to find out how to swap cores, but I've neither found a different core for the N64, or a way to do it.  Sure, I can download and use something else (I'll check Project 64 and see i they have a MacOS build) but Macs just don't get as much loving as Windows/Linux.  I also don't have a smart phone so finding an emu and using a pro controller isn't an option, though it would have been back when I did have a smart phone last year.

Editorials Team · Posted

Updated my score. I want to be really good at this game, but when I try to focus too much on getting crazier combos, some other part of the cylinder fills up and I have to scramble with low-scoring clears for basically the rest of the time. High score playthroughs on YouTube are very humbling.