IGNORED

Favorite Non-video Game, but related, item

Social Team · Posted

I was just rando searching ebay and saw some promotional stuff for Playstation.  What is everyone's favorite non-video game thing in your collection.  Sometimes I find myself surprised by what exist that I didn't even know to look for.  I'm not asking for what is rare specifically but things that you just really enjoy owning/displaying/using.

• Like 2

i don't really understand why i love it so much, but i have a DK64 promotional banana that i just fucking adore. i can't remember who mentioned it back on NA, but i grabbed it off them.

i'm sure if i thought more, i could find dozens of other things but this is the first thing i thought of. 

dk banana.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Social Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, AlternatorDelux said:

I have a ChuChu Rocket card that you get for sending a postcard to Sega with a code after finishing all 2,500 puzzles in the Game Boy Advance version.  The number on the card is 19, and I got it in 2005.  Does that mean only 19 people sent in for the card in 4 years?

So what this advertised in the manual or something.  I'm wondering if you beat all the puzzles because you liked it that much or knew there was a prize at the end of the tunnel.  Lastly, did it take you 4 years to beat all the puzzles?

• Like 1

I got this around a decade ago now.  Kind of one of those things you see in the day when it was on point at a store and wish you could ask an employee for it and just couldn't.  I have it hanging near me over a comfy chair just in case it ever took a fall, never has thankfully as it's in excellent shape on both sides (and no cracks.)

snesdisplaysupermarioworld2.thumb.jpg.f664430ea8bbc0718e17ca234c04c2c9.jpg

• Like 12

I used to collect patches that I thought were interesting looking. One of my favorite is one from the Activision game Freeway. It's a patch of the game box cover with the words "Save the Chicken Foundation" on it. You would get it by sending in your high score n a photograph. Pretty cool little thing.

Edited by gandalf1
Fixed a word
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I've posted about this before but most of my gaming-related stuff from my childhood I sold off through college.  Not sure why, but I held onto a SEGA promotional VHS tape for the Saturn.  I didn't get a Saturn until around 2017, but man this weird tape made me really, really want one. (Note: Photo stolen from eBay.)

s-l1600.jpg

I also have a complete set of PSX Underground discs for the PS1.  I've been wanting to play through all of them but since I don't have an extra 10 hours each day, it's on a big pile of gaming things I want to do which may never get done.

Edited by RH
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 1

These are mine, easily, and it's the type of stuff I'll likely never sell, even if I cash out:

90s Taiwan lotto scratch off cards with Mario World. I got two boxes, occasionally I'll toss one in when sending off a parcel to one of my friends.

Diddy Kong lighter. This is made of metal, quite old too...

Mario paper dolls...

Alright so I bought the Pac-Man lotto card a few months back, it's modern and I think it'd licensed. I actually don't care about it too much, but I think it fits in well with the rest so...

IMG20220210015148.jpg

IMG20220210015338.jpg

IMG20220210015311.jpg

IMG20220210015231.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/7/2022 at 5:55 AM, CasualCart said:

I've got an affinity for arcade-sticks, and I hope to ultimately have one for every system I own.
But my favorite would have to be my trusty NES Advantage.

-CasualCart

43796509_NESAdvantage.jpg.07a78569e53b45776ce0cae9ca9deb4a.jpg

Looking good but you need to get this beast in your life (although they are getting expensive these days):

IMG_E4134.JPG.bc8b574b21bc4d52cbda4b2c15aba015.JPG

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my faves would be this Super Mario World game chair:

https://vgs-media.s3.ca-central-1.amazonaws.com/monthly_2021_10/532356525_ScreenShot2021-10-27at6_57_58pm.thumb.png.5f1e03603aa9d1cde115fd33992d4b6b.png

This was sold here in Australia in retail stores around the game's release.The chairs sold in Australia had plain black wheels, compared to others overseas which had coloured wheels.

Edited by Super Nintendo Chalmers
  • Like 7
  • Wow! 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, nrslam said:

Not sure I have a favorite, but this one always gets a smile:

Nintendo_Pennant.jpg.90f2778c10ab8779e2d310c541d343af.jpg

Pennants are items that I love, and would like to collect/hang on the wall, but have none of.  I had a couple as a kid for the local Baseball farm team, but I love items like this.  That's really cool.

I can't make out the copyright date on the photo.  When was this and was this an item you picked up at the show as a kid?

Edited by RH

5 minutes ago, RH said:

Pennets are items that I love, and would like to collect/hang on the wall, but have none of.  I had a couple as a kid for the local Baseball farm team, but I love items like this.  That's really cool.

I can't make out the copyright date on the photo.  When was this and was this an item you picked up at the show as a kid?

I posted an old picture because my pennant is still in a box somewhere, but identical items on ebay have a 1989 date.  Pretty sure I got this at a garage sale somewhere as I'm way too old to have been a kid in '89 and my one and only trip to the ice capades was sometime in the 60's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RH said:

Pennets are items that I love, and would like to collect/hang on the wall, but have none of.  I had a couple as a kid for the local Baseball farm team, but I love items like this.  That's really cool.

I have a Dallas Cowboys pennant signed by the owner and coach during the 90s in their 3 super bowl years.  My grandparents won it at an auction for charity in 1995.  Freaking love that thing.  Pennants are so cool!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...